Early Pre Pro? Pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early Pre Pro? Pics!!

It plays OK...not great but, that carvin pickup..me no like. I'am just curious, not that concerned, really. that narrow neck is hard to get used to, though. everyone on this forum has been extremly helpfull [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] but...I'am A player...not really A collector(cuss me, it's alright) so..It will get sold,eventually, to someone that can really appreciate it. I sell on e-bay, but wish I could let you guys first shot...you know, tell you the reserve, or something [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] but, I will listen to any trades....trades plus cash...cash I do like jacksons...and money of course [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] if this guitar is desired..i bet e-bay would be A war ! I go to alot of auctions, and have seen people get nuts !

Comment

What kind of money are we talking about. I don't want to get caught up in it if the "ante" whether it being cash or trade is to rich for my blood. I do have some really nice guitars locked away in the vault that is marked "In case of emergency, break glass". This might be one of those emergencies!

Comment

if it wasnt modded to a kahler trem I think there would be alot of interest. also if the body could be verified as a BB, or MightyMite, it would be pretty cool & fit right in with what was happening at that time. i would luv to see another guitar with that control route, could answer alot of questions i have.

BTW i dont always believe the info from wayne & michael. they make alot of claims, that just arent true.

[ September 09, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: j2379 ]

Comment

How did I know it would come to this.My Guess would 900-1200 tops. Modded trem, carvin pup.The paint in the neck pocket is weird to me for some reason.
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Since you mentioned that you are probably going to sell or trade it one concern about this guitar is the Carvin pickup. It looks like a 4 adjustment screw version which would make it an 80's pickup for sure. Why would somebody take a new (in the 80's) pre-pro Charvel and install a Carvin pickup in it? Also, the condition is another factor.It is just too clean to have a replacement pickup in it. Most of the time you see Carvin pickups in players or beaters or parts guitars. The neck pocket also looks funny to me and I would like to see a pic of the inside of the control cavity. My guess is that it is a parts guitar. What about the string tree? Is that correct? Does the neck heel have any markings on it? It could be a Schecter body.

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
              How did I know it would come to this.My Guess would 900-1200 tops. Modded trem, carvin pup.The paint in the neck pocket is weird to me for some reason.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Its all in the set up bro..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Change the pickup..
                Email me like I said in the beginning if you want to sell it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

parts guitar...mabee. strange thing is...the dot markers appear to be the same mahogany(color) as the body...and under close observation ...the carvin pick up(if thats what it is) is offset ! ? I took it out, and there are only the mounting holes...to make it offset ! what the hell ?

Comment

VERY SWEET [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ! total old school package ! my 2 cents its all orig ! possible KIT PACKAGE ? GUYS ? i have heard of old school kits assembled with any trem your pick ! anyway CONGRADS MAN ! i echo my peers suggestion to keep and enjoy that guitar [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !see ya [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] , PEACE , ALZ

Comment

Hoss is that an early BB, thats SWEET, clears things up for me.

you'de be surprised what people do to guitars over 20+ years. remember for many years charvels really werent thought of as anything special, just another hot rod strat type....

Comment

well..someone whacked a good sized chunk of wood out, to put in the kahler...and using A sraight edge..the neck has A bow on the low E side...and is straight on the other !...does not affect the playing...but i hope it can be fixed. one of the best repair guys in this state, lives in medford oregon...does all of the first musicians friend...right down the roads..work. I'am putting one of my laser levels on it to see how much bow we got...unless it's sposed to be like that ! ummmm......no

Comment

kit ? well, mabee...I pulled this thing completly apart....I know A 12 year old that could solder better [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] guess this guy never heard of templates...and A porter cable plunge router ...

Comment

Working...
                          X