Early Pre Pro? Pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early Pre Pro? Pics!!

plays pretty good... I'am setting the action ..lower. needs the intonation, set...doin' it now. sounds good. but I'am comparing it to a dinky reverse that I have set up..so I ran the charvel/pre-pro/wayne built..mabee..original...whatever it is, through my computer studio, and sounds like whatever you want it to ! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] pich-up design...I'am guessin' it's a dimarzio. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope, only Carvin makes pickups with that many pole piece's. Gotta be a Carvin pup. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: BTW, that's a beautiful neck on that guitar! Great score!

[ September 06, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: john ]

Comment

Oh Yeah It's a fake :lol Just kidding.. Kramer you give me a call when you want to sell.

I really like this early Pre Pro Charvel,, If it was still a Original Brass Trem--- WOW.
        But it is still a great score. Looking at the control routing, I really think that is the way they were routed and then they changed to the more simple triangular route. EVHs Holy Grail has this type routing as well, that is why a bunch of people believe that the VHII is a Boogie Bodies guitar. I do not think so. I think that these type routes were a early style Charvel and they later changed to the triangle. But this is just a theory. Either they are Booige Bodies or the early Charvel routings before they went to the triangle.

My 0.02 cents
        GREAT GUITAR - WELL DONE KRAMER

Comment

thanks guys(and girls if there be any here) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] your info is very helpfull. If you need any pictures to help with indentity...say so...I will send them. I e-mailed wayne charvel(wayne guitars)...and called the number on the site..i will **** if wayne or his son call ! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] If it was A fake...i would have to put three EMG's in her...humbuckers, of course...push-pull control pots for coil tap possibilitys..pickup phasing...etc. and take that ugly ass locking nut off...spertzels will work... well...mabee not
          [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a most excellent guitar... Looks to have been very well cared for so I am surprised it was in a pawn shop.

Boogie bodie?, early warmoth (Possible)

The neck is art...

Is the fretboard flat or curved (Radius) Is the radius consistent down the length of the neck or more curved by the nut than the body? what is the nut size?

Enjoy her. but if you do sell her, drop me a line, Hoss has too many.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Kev
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

well..when I first saw it, it had rusty strings...and the dirtiest fingerboard I have ever seen ! the frets were turnin' green with corrosion. took alot of cleaning. radius is the same, all the way..nut is 1.70. the neck is a twin to a fender I have...almost identical [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Hossman,

EVHs Holy Grail has this type routing as well
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How do you know that???????

a bunch of people believe that the VHII is a Boogie Bodies guitar. I do not think so.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who is a bunch of people???????????

I have only heard one person say this! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EVHs Holy Grail has this type routing as well, that is why a bunch of people believe that the VHII is a Boogie Bodies guitar.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would say it's because the neck has no skunk stripe......Like BB guitars. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

-eric

[ September 07, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

Thier are many articles stating the holy grail was a Boogie...

[ September 07, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: 83SanDimas ]
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

went to wayne guitars...website. this pre-pro/mabee looks to have A rock legend body. e-mailed them, got an e-mail from michael charvel, requesting pictures ! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] coooool, man !! on A sunday !! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] we will see [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Thier are many articles stating the holy grail was a Boogie...
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, name ONE! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-eric

Comment

Why are you guys telling Kramer to contact Wayne about this guitar?

Neither Wayne or Michael Charvel will be much help identifying this guitar. Wayne had long since sold the company to Grover by 1980 and I have found Michael to be erroneous in a few cases where he has attempted to authenticate early Charvel guitars.

There are more people on this board more qualified to answer early Charvel questions than Wayne or Michael, frankly. Both those guys are more interested in selling new Wayne guitars than furthering the 78-on Charvel guitar legacy, and rightly so.

FWIW, the neck looks great and is certainly the real deal. The body (in terms of the countours and curves) look Charvel to me, as well. That is a Fender Stratocaster style control cavity shape simply routed into the back of the body. At the time, it would have been a logical choice for a control cavity for a strat shaped body. For EVH inpsired guitars with rear loaded single humbuckers and no pickguard, it makes sense for builders to use the same router templates and just dig in to the back. I believe this may have been an early stage of evolution toward the "standard" control cavity route that we know and love. It is not a stretch of the imagination to think the old Fender style was simply simplified into a three sided shape to simplify production.

Great guitar, great find. Just don't sell it, you'll regret it later.
                        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Dang, I just realized I used the word "simple" (or variants of) three times in a row...sorry.

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                          www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
                            Great guitar, great find. Just don't sell it, you'll regret it later.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I AGREE 100% Don't sell it enjoy it..

[ September 08, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

just got this from charvels. Hello Kevin, my dad made a few guitars with that routein the early days, but he's not sure it's a 100% with out seeing guitar up close and in his hands.His guess is more than likely the guitar is ok. Thank you Michael Charvel. (quote) hmmmm. well..it plays ok..heh,heh. be A ***** to describe on e-bay. I sent him at least 10 pictures. hmmmm [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] I need A drink [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Kramer,

Your guitar is real. Believe me, you are better off playing and enjoying the guitar than agonizing over it.

How does it sound?
                                www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                                X