San Dimas from Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Dimas from Texas?

I'm an aussie living in England - only twice have I heard of San Dimas. Once when my mate Ben told me about his San Dimas made (sic) Jackson, and once, if I remember correctly, in the 1st Bill and Ted movie.
    But thanks for the info.

Comment

Doc, I believe you are correct again sir, I heard the same that the neck rout on the 5A's were done in Ft. Worth
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Routing a neck (or any other) pickup cavity and swapping hardware does not constitute building a guitar - if it does then I can claim my DK2 HRF was made in America (TN) when I routed the neck pickup out for a hummer and put in an OFR - I'M RICH! WOOHOO! The only DK2 made in USA! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

FT WORTH TEXAS JACKSONS AND CHARVELS I HAVE BEEN TOLD ARE ALL IMPORTS ! THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD ??? ALZ

Comment

ALZ, YOU ARE CORRECT!! I remember when they came out, the entire line was changed because charvel was gone and the charvel guitar which was the bolt on became a jackson bolt on. There were NO!! True charvels made after the sell out of the charvel name but the factory w/ employees went to a different ROOF top for more room where the jackson bolt on continued the charvel saga BUT stated to put different hardware on them. Greg crow is right the grover jackson yrs were from 79-89 after that it ALL changed! I remember talking to an employee after grover left the company and he said It's all changed and they are no longer american made. My point is that up to 89 jackson guitars were almost the same as charvels except sometimes different hardware but the build, feel and quality was the same. Look on ebay... You hardily see a jackson from 89 and under for sale because nobody wants to sell... they have some great grahics and the feel says it all. enough said.

spaz

Comment

Working...
            X