San Dimas from Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas from Texas?

Were there any San Dimas (or any other Charvels, for that matter) ever built in Forth Worth? I just got what looks to me like a San Dimas. Its U.S. made, With a single coil and a humbucker (both Jackson). It was made in the mid 80s I think. Its got a six digit serial number. Any ideas, anyone? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Re: San Dimas from Texas?

There was never a single guitar made in Ft. Worth, Texas. Ft. Worth = Made in Japan. Ft. Worth was just the HQ for the importing company, AMIC which was recently bought out by Fender.

Comment

ITS NOT any charvel with a FT Worth TX plate is made in JAPAN. If its a Charvel with Jackson pickups its NOT USA made.

The only Charvels made in USA have plates that say SAN DIMAS, CA. & some new CUSTOM SHOP ones.

Comment

Huh??? there were pleny of San Dimas USA Charvels made with Jackson pickups.

Also, ever seen a San Dimas 1 thru 5 Charvel reissue from the mid-90's? USA made, Ontario plate.

Any Charvel with a Ft. Worth neckplate = Japan 100% of the time. Before anyone speaks up, the Charvettes from Korea didn't say Ft. Worth on the neckplates.

Comment

HA!! my charvette says ft worth tx. on it, and has a 3 didgit serial #. I'm cool now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe it's a Charvette from Pakistan...
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I think someone said 1 time there were some charvette's made in japan...

Mines about worthless anyways, The body is cracked in 3 differtent places from falling off it's hook 3 times while the paint was drying,and I threw the gitar neck first into a wall 1 time.
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Fort Worth was also the home of IMC, which owned Jackson before AMIC.

Comment

Ok i should have specified Jackson covered pickups w/ logo on the covers.
                    & yes i forgot about the SD re-issues probably because i dont pay attention to much made after 87, C/J or otherwise. YEAH i live in a SOCIAL BUBBLE

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                      YEAH i live in a SOCIAL BUBBLE
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not the only one. The last new Charvel I ever remember is the Model 88. I come hear and people start talking about Predators and Spectrums and Reissues, and I'm just like "What are they talking about?"

Comment

Just found out - its a Japanese mad Predator. But none the worse for it. When I have cash, its getting a facelift, though. Methinks some Seymour Duncans, and a black paint job. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah I come hear too but I'm with stoopud

Comment

yeah I come hear too but I'm with stoopud

RacerX may want to step in on this English lesson. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Pay attention kids..............

Comment

Not TOTALLY TRUE...ONE Charvel was PART-MADE in Ft. Worth...{I BELIEVE so - ASK Kevin Easton}...

The Model 5-As were MIJ {somewhere around 700-1000 ??} with ONE HUM and a Floyd - ala EVH...I GUESS they WEREN'T EXACTLY setting the MARKET on FIRE, as the 1 hum was kinda LIMITED vs. the regular Model 5s and 6s...SO...

I HEARD...that the 5-As were NOT sent to ONTARIO, CA. for the SLANTED SINGLE rout to turn them into 5-FX's...BUT...Were INSTEAD routed for the slanted singles at the Ft. Worth REPAIR FACILITY !!!

...am I RIGHT ??...or DEAD WRONG ???

BESIDES THAT....AIN'T YA EVER HEARD of SAN DIMAS, TEXAS ????? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X