Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heed help!!! sd reissue 2 price

hello all,
    i am in the process of trading for a san dimas reissue 2 with a wilkinson trem, koa body, 2 humbuckers. how much is this guitar worth if its in very good to excellent condition(few dings)? how do these guitars play? are they as good as the import charvel model guitars? any help is much appreciated. thanks...

Re: heed help!!! sd reissue 2 price

guitars were actually made in the Jackson Custom Shop so they should fair a might better than the import ones. They are very high quality and play great. You can get lucky and find one in the $450 price range but I personally wouldn't pay over $600 if I really liked the guitar. Strong bargaining point is that the Wilkinson model isn't as popular (at least I don't think it is??)with the usal Charvel suspects who prefer the Floyd. Bargaining point on the sellers side I guess is that Koa is now an endangered species and the wood is very expensive now. The whole SD reissue series is very good. Don't know why they called them reissues though but still a great guitar in its own right.

Comment

Yea what Chris Said they are worth around $500
      if it was ond with a Floyd then maybe $700

Comment

great resale value [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] man you guys really underprice some things that kick ass, and other old beat to **** guitars to the moon. I dont get it.

I have a 3 and a 2, sold my 4, they are great guitars.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by terrax:
          they are great guitars.

Dave
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Too right, they are awesome players. I have a 1 I will never sell and a 2 just like the one mentioned above I coud possibly part with but heck, it's a Koa guitar, so I probably won't. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X