Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a chance to buy San Dimas #1275 Star - Advice needed ASAP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a chance to buy San Dimas #1275 Star - Advice needed ASAP!!

My friend gave me a price that he'd sell his San Dimas #1275 Star guitar to me- I found the old link about this guitar but the pics are gone/deleted- Some of you may remeber it- The old thread has a great description of it- What is something like this worth because I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY interested in buying it- The thing I love about it is it has a 1 3/4" nut width w/ 25 12" scale neck- THAT'S THE EXACT NECK I JUST PUT ON MY WARMOTH!

Here's the old thread:
    http://pub132.ezboard.com/fjacksonch...icID=324.topic

[ December 13, 2002, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Foolius Maximus ]
    www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Re: I have a chance to buy San Dimas #1275 Star - Advice needed ASAP!!

BUY IT OR DIE [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

buy it or hook me up please

Comment

buy it or hook me up please

Comment

What is something like this worth because he wants PLENTY for it but it might be worth it to me because this guitar has all the features I look for in a guitar- So I'd definitely play the hell out of it! He had it professionally redone in black with white binding-Added an original Floyd-Birdseye maple neck with ebony board all original- I'll have to get another pic- Neddi

Comment

neddi, you know the answer to that already, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it...sounds modded, so...under a grand would be fair in my guesstimation...but i could be wrong, maybe check with the guys @ charvel central, they know more than i do...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Buy IT!!!....either way, post LOTS of pics!!!!

Comment

Strathead? Thats worth more than a grand easy. Modded or not it woud fetch $1500 or more on ebay all day long.
                If he's between $1000 and $1500, snap it up.
                There will be those who will say, "Woah, $1500 for a modded star is just TOO much". Check back with them next year at this time and see if they still think so.

Comment

BUY THE STAR....I love them, they are great guitars and guarenteen in two years you will tripple your money, I just picked up three Charvel stars and I look at it as a investment YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY

Comment

Here's the problem with the investment idea- If I do get it I WILL PLAY IT- Meaning I will not baby it and it will get played like the rest of my guitars- With little regard to it getting scratched, dented, and dinged- It is a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweet axe and has a neck that would replace a starters gun at a droolfest! Ready, set, and IT'S OUT OF THE CASE! He wants $2000.00- There I said it! Yeah it's pricey but it seems worth it to me because I love the guitar and I can't say that about too many factory production guitars- I like it enough to be considering paying 2 grand for it- We'll see what happens- I know he needs the money but I'm not 100% positive that if I showed up with 2 grand that he'd actually sell it- He's the second owner and has had it since 82 or 83- It's his baby- If I do come up with the cash I will buy it- It's time to sell the rest of my collection of 80's metal memorabilia on ebay! Neddi

Comment

I PLAY THE SH#T outta mine...I rival the great CHRIS HOLMES when it comes to playig my stars, LOL,

Comment

Go for it Neddi...I remember the pictures of that baby and if you can score it.. do...sell one of your existing guitars if ya have to...sounds like you want it pretty bad...I say go for it
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

$2000 is top dollar (hard to resell it for that). If it's what you want then you should go for it. They don't come up for sale very often. Again it most likely it has been modded for the Floyd (check it out for workmanship) also it has been refinished. It does have a serial numbered Plate right.
                          I would offer less, but if it what you really want the money is not important - if you don't get it someone else will and you might not get another chance.
                          Life is Short so be Happy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and Play the heck out of it. That's what they do best.

my 0.02 cents

Comment

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] alot of you talk cash prices it is NOT right of anybody to automatically say a price just because its a strathead , might be crap or fake,or warped or bowed or plays like crap ! because all guitars are rated so prices fluctuate and to all of you REMEMBER the sellers READ your posts and YOU ARE SCREWING YOURSELFS BAD [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ! but this is my 2 cents and my collection is COMPLETE [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ! happy holidays to all and lets not pump up prices [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] cay its already way overpriced [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] as it is ! alz

Comment

Originally posted by ALZ:
                              [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] alot of you talk cash prices it is NOT right of anybody to automatically say a price just because its a strathead , might be crap or fake,or warped or bowed or plays like crap ! because all guitars are rated so prices fluctuate and to all of you REMEMBER the sellers READ your posts and YOU ARE SCREWING YOURSELFS BAD [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ! but this is my 2 cents and my collection is COMPLETE [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ! happy holidays to all and lets not pump up prices [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] cay its already way overpriced [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] as it is ! alz
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I disagree Al .. Fact is that if someone does not know what the value of an item is then it's only right to ask an opinion of someone who would know .. Your getting married soon right? .. Buying a house? .. would you buy a house without a respectable appraisal? .. no.. why .. because you want to pay market value and don't want to get taken .. Why would you pay $500k for a house that's worth $250k .. you wouldn't .. just doesn't make good investment sense to not be educated before you slap your hard earned cash down on the table.. While the market will be dictated buy what a collector wants for a specific piece .. it still does no good if buyers do not feel the market can substantiate that price .. JMO ...

Kev
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                              X