2010 charvel san dimas hss guitar usa made rare trans kandy gold finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    So, DDNGUY, did you end up buying/keeping the guitar? Curious to hear a follow-up story.
    Sorry for the late response - No, I ended up calling the next day and cancelling the purchase.

No issues with the guitar at all - I guess I just felt like $1200 was to much.

Comment

Over the summer I used the BIN on Ebay on a trans kandy gold Charvel for the same price by the same seller as listed above. So I can only imagine it's the same guitar. It came with the Charvel gigbag the USA promods came out then. The guitar could nearly pass as NOS condition. I have 2 whole Charvels from the promod days, a USA tele and a Socal (pickguard H-H) mutt w a Japan neck and a USA body (got it this way) both in Pagan Gold (sucker for that color!). Both those necks play nice (Japan one could be a hair better but not confirmed) and are similar looking, kinda plain looking, not a knock but what you expected at the time for a production quarter sawn neck. The neck on this one though is kinda a stunner with some really nice figuring and plays fantastic. Maybe they went with more figuring because it was paired w trans body or maybe just the luck of the draw. Anyway, very happy w the purchase.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

MM II, yes that has to be the same guitar,. The figuring on the neck stood out to me as well. Did they fix the 3-way switch on it?

Comment

Well, the switch does work, so I imagine they did. I remember when they first came out it was curious that they kept the 3w way toggle for this model as it was the first promod to have 3 pickups (hss)has. IIRC all promod were 2 hum, rarely a 1 hum. So as it works now, each position of the switch activates a separate pickup in the way you would expect. So middle position is the middle pickup only. There is no mixing of pickups which I was a bit surprised to find, but really how else could they do this with a standard 3 way toggle? I'm sure if I got one of those superswitches from Stew-Mac I could go crazy w the pickup combinations and phasing, but straight bridge or neck is what I and most use anyway.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

ugh, I don't think I could bear having an HSS guitar and not being able to select the N+M parallel position

I also remember the original 3-way on my 2008 usa pro mod to be of dubious quality. ultimately swapped for a switchcraft before re-configuring the guitar for one-hum. the original one had the polygonal switch tip, not the rounded one I see in the pics for the specimen in this thread, so maybe it's a different supplier.
            Last edited by metalhobo; 12-10-2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X