San Dimas USA Snow Drift - Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas USA Snow Drift - Price?

Hello friends, I am interested in buying a SD Snow Drift I found in my country, but I really can't figure out if the price being asked is fair, since I coud not find another one for sale anywhere, anytime. Well, I know basically nothing about Charvel guitars, and according to the certificate there is only 20 of these around

Thanks a bunch
    Last edited by charvelgilson; 12-03-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Interesting certificate. I've never seen that type of certificate before and didn't think they were included with the run of guitars I'm about to describe in the following sentence. That serial number and the overall appearance of the guitar place it firmly within the 2008-2009 run of USA Production Models, specifically a 4th batch San Dimas, with swapped pickups: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...ls-catalog-ads

For reference my USA So-Cal from 2009 has serial number 005998 which is very close to the 005860 serial number of that San Dimas: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...in-polar-white
      Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 12-03-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I owned a hot pink USA model San Dimas. It was a great sounding guitar but got tired of the color. At the time, the overseas models were running for 700 to 800 bucks. I believe I paid $1200 for my USA model. I didn’t think the craftsmanship was comparable to the vintage Charvel. They used to be made so much better with attention to detail. Not a bad guitar tho. Mine a the PAF pro in the bridge. Not bad for the money tho

Comment

the certificate says something I can't read - made for ?????

Comment

"Modified for higher performance." You could consider it a "Charvel slogan" that appears in their marketing. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=char...obile&ie=UTF-8

Comment

Originally posted by charvelgilson View Post
              Hello friends, I am interested in buying a SD Snow Drift I found in my country, but I really can't figure out if the price being asked is fair, since I coud not find another one for sale anywhere, anytime. Well, I know basically nothing about Charvel guitars, and according to the certificate there is only 20 of these around

Thanks a bunch
              assuming it is a legitimate charvel guitar

I wouldn't worry too much about the 20 that were made, unless there was a reason there was made. There is a difference between 20 guitars made to celebrate a 20th anniversary, and 20 guitars ordered by a dealer to get a special price.

But, yes, I have no problem you paying that much for the guitar.
              Between being a USA made Charvel, and you being in a country that does not have an abundance of USA made Charvel guitars floating around....
              In the USA, we don't pay duty/border fees because they are in the USA. We have a lot of them floating around. So, it may be a little high for us. But it is a great price for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                assuming it is a legitimate charvel guitar

I wouldn't worry too much about the 20 that were made, unless there was a reason there was made. There is a difference between 20 guitars made to celebrate a 20th anniversary, and 20 guitars ordered by a dealer to get a special price.

But, yes, I have no problem you paying that much for the guitar.
                Between being a USA made Charvel, and you being in a country that does not have an abundance of USA made Charvel guitars floating around....
                In the USA, we don't pay duty/border fees because they are in the USA. We have a lot of them floating around. So, it may be a little high for us. But it is a great price for you.
                Well, I am pretty sure it is a real Charvel, the dealer is a reputable one. As for the price I noticed they either go/went for a bit over 1k USD and a few reach/ed 3k depending on the model. I suspect this 20 units only thing might be some special order as you said, but so far no one seems to know for sure. They are asking the equivalent of 2900 USD and typically here one can get a 1500 USD guitar for that much (used, yes import taxes are brutal down here), so if it is a higher priced Charvel I am considering it, but if it is a run-of-the-mill model I can get something better for that much money.
                Last edited by charvelgilson; 12-05-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X