Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel neck ~ needs a matching body please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious if there is a chart somewhere of models from production start till now? ( I’m more focused on the 80’s/ early 90’s) The Spectrum above in the posts is a beaut. But I’m hoping to find a body style with a bridge humbucker / Floyd Rose. eBay has a ton of bodies but they are all for 24 fret necks.

Comment

model 7 neck. that neck should be 2 3/16 at the heel, 25.5 scale. That should fit on any 86-89 model series guitar body. if locking trem is required, you will have to use a behind the nut lock, or modify the head stock for a locking nut.

Comment

Jackson bodies are tricky. there are 22 fret 25.5 jacksons that will work, but there are also 24 fret jacksons with 25.5 wont work, fusions were 24.75 scale and wont work and they will not intonate with that neck. hard do tell from photos if a jackson body was 22 or 24 fret, with out a mesurment from the heel to the bridge.

Comment

I'd call it a Model 7 neck as well. People like to steal these necks and put them on other bodies. It's rare when I see a Model 7 with the correct neck still on it.

Comment

The Model 8 had tremolo, which would mean the headstock would have extra holes for the lock. And most of them were color-matched.
            The Model 7 had the standard black headstock.

Comment

Found a match locally guys! It appears the Charvel Charvette matches. One came up on an Ontario Kijiji ad. Snapped it up for $250.00. Funny enough the headstock on his guitar has a small backsplit from a tuner screw. Going to replace with my neck anyhow. So I got my wish, Floyd Rose / body loaded with pickups and controls and it’s very clean. Will post pics when I do the swap/ transpose the locking nut. Thanks for all your posts/ help guys. I can’t wait to bang out some Ratt/ Dokken riffs on this. ( yes I’m an old washed up 80’s guy)
              Explore cwiggins69's photos on Flickr. cwiggins69 has uploaded 5 photos to Flickr.

Comment

And..... had a “ duh” moment. Noticed a tiny blue stamp with a ” 7 “ at the ass end of my neck heel . Geeesh. Thanks again for your help guys, appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Viletone77 View Post
                  Curious if there is a chart somewhere of models from production start till now? ( I’m more focused on the 80’s/ early 90’s) The Spectrum above in the posts is a beaut. But I’m hoping to find a body style with a bridge humbucker / Floyd Rose. eBay has a ton of bodies but they are all for 24 fret necks.
                  i think mine may be a mutt of some sort...the specs of the body and the non recessed jt-6 match up to a model 8 but it has a spaghetti logo...plays great but no clue what it actually is...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post

i think mine may be a mutt of some sort...the specs of the body and the non recessed jt-6 match up to a model 8 but it has a spaghetti logo...plays great but no clue what it actually is...d.m.
                    There was a Model 7, but there was also a Legend 7.
                    And I am sure there are other lesser-known models/variants. Like the guy that tried to sell me a Model A1A (I think that's what it was). Never heard of it. But it ended up being some variant.

Comment

Working...
                    X