Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel neck ~ needs a matching body please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel neck ~ needs a matching body please help!

Hello everyone. I’m super late to this party but here goes. I purchased a used Charvel reverse pointy headstock neck , Waaaaaaay back in the late 80’s/ early 90’s in the hair metal days. Been sitting on it all these years. Found it at a luthier shop - used- no body and no history for it. It is a 22 fret / Maple dot inlay fretboard and is 18 3/4” from nut to end/ and the four bolt heel is about 2 1/8” wide where it would fit into a Charvel body. Here’s the issue. I would like to identify what this neck was from so I can purchase a body from EBay OR get one built by Warmoth ( Soloist body? ) Any suggestions? I’m lost with the knowledge of having to get a DK22 body or will it fit a DK24 body or a this or that .... Will it not work with some bodies due to the 22 fret length and a future Floyd Rose ? etc. Please help! Thanks so much in advance.

Not sure what Charvel reverse pointy would have a maple finger board, but if it was rosewood and it is from a Charvel model series it is 25.5 scale, so would need to be 25.5" from nut to bridge when mounted to the body. depending on the script on the head stock would determine the heel width.
    Last edited by paranoid; 02-10-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

model 1 had maple fretboard. can't say firsthand what the heel width of those were.

Comment

I tried to upload four photos. Site won’t let me. Probably because I’m a newb here. The script is like your site pic. Neck and fretboard are both Maple. The tuners are actually Jackson tuners. How many posts do I need to add pics here? Thanks Paranoid for your help

Comment

HTML Code:
          m
          One pic
          PHP Code:

Comment

I must be missing some upload step. Sneaked one pic in. Hope this helps to ID further.

Comment

You need to use some kind of
              Photo Share or Photo Host Site.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                Not sure what Charvel pointy would have a maple finger board, but if it was rosewood and it is from a Charvel model series it is 25.5 scale, so would need to be 25.5" from nut to bridge when mounted to the body. depending on the script on the head stock would determine the heel width.
                this one would...d.m.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post

this one would...d.m.

Damn I forgot all about the spectrum! shit And I have one of those. same specs would still apply. the spectrum neck should be 2 1/4 heel width.

Comment

Here we go guys... hope the Flickr link works. Again, the Jackson script is on the back of the tuners. Not sure if this narrows down the ID for this neck. Thanks to all previous replies as well.
                    Explore Conrad Wiggins's 4 photos on Flickr!

Comment

https://flic.kr/p/2kAJ8M7

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

what was the heel width on the model 7 neck?

or the model 8 which I guess was the precursor to the spectrum? tho, nevermind, the 8 would have a floyd nut. the 7 wouldn't
                              Last edited by metalhobo; 02-11-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X