Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien X Guitars - AXN - Jake E. Lee Bridge - FALSE ADVERTISING

?
    So I bought an AlienXnation Jake E. Lee bridge. Johnny is the owner of AXN. He had these listed on ebay, reverb and his own website. The description stated, "Fits your reissue Charvel Jake E. Lee guitar". I emailed Johnny to confirm and he replied, "It's a direct fit and more accurate". Well as it turns out the mounting and string holes would not line up. Not only that but there were several flaws in the metal prior to the so-called black chrome finish. I returned it, asked for a refund as well as the return shipping. He refunded me the cost of the bridge but he will not refund me the return shipping cost. He will not even reply to me. Anyway I thought I would share my experience with Johnny at AlienXnation guitars.

Most of us will not do business there. We also question much of the data he posts. Pretty much, the only accurate stuff he posts is what he copies from here.

Comment

He's also trying to pass off Edwards for ESP. I know ESP maeks Edwards for the JDM low end; they are not the same ESP quality

http://https://reverb.com/item/30905...nation-vintage

It should be called "Carnie Guitars".

Comment

Sad to see someone else get taken by AlienXNation. All you can do now is post a review and warn someone else. Something I learned here a long time ago is to vet and research companies before making a purchase. With the information age and forums like this it's easier now than it ever was to prevent yourself from getting taken. Glad you at least got your money less shipping back.

Comment

I have posted several reviews, with pics, to share my experience with others. He's a real winner.

Comment

never dealt with him because he always sells parted out stuff for ludicrous prices

Comment

I saw those go up for sale on reverb. The bridge specifically stated the string spacing is vintage Fender 2-7/32" but the OP looks to have bought anyways without taking a measurement of his own guitar LOL.

i had my doubts about this alien guy from the get go after reading forum posts about alienation. So I emailed and asked him about this bridge.

The guy really is full of BS claiming he makes guitars for “a bunch of famous players” exact words. He also boasted about his friendship with “rock stars”, how he works with and had played with some of these guys. And claimed insider knowledge of their gear. Here is some of the conversation

————————————

I don’t blame you dude… why not just keep the factory bridge that is there?
              Johnny

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 3:17 PM John <[email protected]> wrote:

I do not want to re-drill holes in my guitar.

On Thursday, November 15, 2020, 05:37:53 PM EST, AlienXnation.com <[email protected]> wrote:

Hey there friend, charvel made those reissues with a potmetal, narrow and non-period correct string spacing to save money on hardware just like all these corporations do. My hardtail is for F-spaced humbuckers and we had them manufactured specifically for our 2021 AXN hardtail guitars.

If you’d figure out how to use wood dowel and re-drill the mounting holes or have a good guitar tech it can be modified to fit and we have a photo in the listing with exact dimensions for the mounting screws and ferrule holes. Your also gonna need to replace the humbucker with an F-spaced one.

Johnny - AXNguitars.com

On Thu, Nov 15, 2020 at 3:02 PM John <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

I have an early Charvel Jake E. Lee guitar. Will your JEL bridge be a direct swap for the factory one?
              Last edited by JacksonPyro; 04-06-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonPyro View Post
                The guy really is full of BS claiming he makes guitars for “a bunch of famous players” exact words. He also boasted about his friendship with “rock stars”, how he works with and had played with some of these guys.
                It really isn't that big of a deal. Ya know. If, as example, you are a Jackson dealer, and some Jackson artist comes to town for a show - you can have him sent to your store, or you can get backstage passes to the show for photo ops. Or if you work at some concert venue, you get to spend time with the headliners every week.
                So, yeah, access is easy. The problem is - is it a sales pitch or is it some dude just talking. New and improved. 4 out of 5 recommend. Independently verified.

I am actually in the process of writing a book about my exploits with "a bunch of famous" people. Admittedly, some of them are one time encounters from the bar. But, I have decades of fun stories to tell. I've never been a fan of the Al Bundy type (4 touchdowns, 1 game, Polk High - yeah but you are 50 year old shoe salesman at the mall), so I don't often story tell at parties. But some things have happened that I figured if I can write it all down, make a few bucks, entertain a few people. What's the harm. Some of it is one time meets, and others are from long term relationships. Even if I end up hitting the delete button on my files, and nobody ever gets to see them, at least I've had fun reliving them. I'd actually forgotten some of this stuff, but you go and you think about one person and one event and then it brings back memories of 10 other people that were there which makes you think of 10 things you did with each of the 10 people - you got a fucking series of books.
                PianoGuyY, the unsinkable Molly Brown, and Princess Leia having dinner together because "It's 8:30, darling. Eat now, play later".

*hopefully when the lawyers get done with this other nonsense I have going on, it doesn't prevent the release of this information.

Comment

Working...
                X