Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 Dan Dimas Limited Edition Strat headstock made in USA but only sold in Europe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Dan Dimas Limited Edition Strat headstock made in USA but only sold in Europe ?

Hi all thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. I play guitar, have 31 love Gibson, but collect rare guitars, Kramer, ETC. I’ve been wanting to add a Charvel ( rare /unique) to my collection. So for several months I’ve been looking researching and dr used that the 1991 Dan Dimas limited Edition was the on I settled on. I have found one that I like. For all the research I’ve done, I cannot figure out have the sellers get it where the info so I’m reaching out to any on here that may can Help. The one I’m interested in is a Charvel 1991 San Dimas with a strat style headstock. I’ve seen blue ones, red on this honey burst. They all say they were made in USA in Onterio Cali, and the serial number is 7701, and seems to check out. But wether it’s the red one, blue, or honey burst they either say there were 75 made or 25 made , according to SN# made in onterio Cali. I cannot not find any info on where this info on the 91 LE is. I can’t figure out how many were made, and what colors .. only what the seller say, I even called Jackson Guitars and they suggested your site. According to my research the 91 LE San Dimas custom shop made these exclusively for the European market as they couldn’t sell in the USA due to the strat style head stock. So if any one can explain this model and year the colors, if in fact they did only make 25-75 of each color etc I would be most appreciative. This one has OHSC and is very very clean . I would like to know before I purchase that what I read about them is in fact true. The guitar is A 1991 San Dimas Limited Edition ( inset on the pearl belay) it’s honey burst with the FR tremolo made by Schalur? I think it says.. is the a true USA Charvel made with the strat head stock, sold overseas only because of the strat head stock, what colors, how many etc.. I’ve looked and looked and just cannot find this info other than what I’ve told you, but I can’t find where they got the info. The forum seems to be loaded with many astute in Charvel. SN is 7701 again. Sorry for such a long post, but I want a Charvel, a rare one and this one is the one only if what I hear is true. Looking forward to any help on this . Thank you in advance for any help that you may can share.
    mall the best,
    Roman

I am not familiar with it by description, but some pictures may help

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/29399363-cha..._source=google

Comment

Above is the info for the guitar.

Comment

I remember those. European market, available in the 3 colors. A few of them have been around here through the years, just can't recall which members here owned them.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

and, mathematically, 25/75 makes sense. If there were 25 of 3 colors, that is 75 in total.

Comment

Working...
            X