Model3A JT6 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model3A JT6 setup

Hello, new poster here!.I am in the process of getting ready to set up my 3A that I bought new I'm guessing around 1988. I have not used it in over 10 years and need to do a full setup. Are there any intonation tools that will fit this vibrato? I know there are tools for Floyd Roses to help with intonation, will any of these work with this JT6 system? thanks for any help!

not that i am aware of as the fine tuners are on the barrel part which is where the intonation tools lock to keep the tension on bolt so you can undo the screw and adjust the tension with the tool...it took ibanez until about 2 years ago to make one for the edge tremolo...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured they would not work but wanted to be sure before I tackle a full setup. Speaking of set-ups would you know whether or not the floating bridge should be set so that the base of the trem is level to the body or set the base slightly raised to follow the angle of the fretboard, since those were non-recessed and the neck angle was not flat?

Comment

In my experience, the trem baseplate should be parallel to the body, because you want the knife edges to be 90° with the trem posts.

Comment

While I have never seen a Jt-6 tool (wouldn't that make life easier), there are numerous tools out there for different trems. I doubt, due to the trem design, that one will work with the original parts unless it is specifically designed for it. But it is worth web searching - especially if you have access to out of country results where copyright/patent laws are a bit more user friendly.

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          In my experience, the trem baseplate should be parallel to the body, because you want the knife edges to be 90° with the trem posts.
          Yeah, that's some dumbass Ibanez bullshit where the tremolo isn't to be level.

Comment

Working...
          X