Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 prepro charvel bumble bee

Here we go >>>

I remember seeing this guitar for sale bout 16 years ago.. any old timers here.. looks like the same photos from way back then?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264275261369?ViewItem=&item=264275261369

wow...this forum sure died. Posting something like this would have generated real good conversation some years ago. what happened?
    Maybe rock-n-roll is gonna die with our generation too. best wishes to all the old timers wherever you are :-)

Comment

Facebook killed the radio star

Comment

can you send me the link(s) to the good JC facebook groups.. I guess ill have to finally get a facebook even though i think Facebook sucks

Comment

Wow! It's a shame that collectors generally keep their stuff to them selfs and rarely show these here or on other forums. Even on facebook
          these are rarely seen. I only own one 1982 strathead and it's amazing guitar! But I agree this place is pretty dead. Maybe these are just too rare and people just don't have them or even seen one in person?

There are more 58-60 LP bursts for sale at the moment than these. So that should tell something.

Comment

$15,0000? LoL! this guy is smoking crack
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Mossezhoffen View Post
              Wow! It's a shame that collectors generally keep their stuff to them selfs and rarely show these here or on other forums. Even on facebook
              these are rarely seen. I only own one 1982 strathead and it's amazing guitar! But I agree this place is pretty dead. Maybe these are just too rare and people just don't have them or even seen one in person?

There are more 58-60 LP bursts for sale at the moment than these. So that should tell something.
              gibson made more burst LPs in 1959 than guitars charvel made in 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Mossezhoffen View Post
                I agree this place is pretty dead.
                There are 300+ people on this forum at this moment according to the bottom of the page...

Years ago when i was here it was great. Is this some kind of sign that im old and out of touch or got buried by time..
                LOL

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

gibson made more burst LPs in 1959 than guitars charvel made in 1981
                  True. Easy to forget how rare old SD Charvels are.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonPyro View Post

There are 300+ people on this forum at this moment according to the bottom of the page...

Years ago when i was here it was great. Is this some kind of sign that im old and out of touch or got buried by time..
                    LOL
                    Dude. Im 28 and it sure feels like that. Well at least Jackson/Charvel are still making killer guitars!

Comment

When there are only a few of a thing, and no one talks about them, they fall off the radar. Things are only worth a ton because people will pay the price, not because they're rare. Lots of rare stuff isn't worth squat. Someone would need to know the backstory to care about an '81 prepro in order to care about it, especially if you can get an arguably "better" guitar from their custom shop now for less. Rich at Ibanez Rules has a bunch of those handpainted Joe Satriani guitars from '90-'91, but no one ever sees them in the wild or talks about them, so I have no idea how he's going to get for them what he thinks their worth. Same here.
                      Last edited by jim777; 07-24-2019, 11:36 AM.
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                        Someone would need to know the backstory to care about an '81 prepro in order to care about it
                        That is a well informed answer !!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X