Seeking some Charvel guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking some Charvel guidance

Hey all, been awhile since I've been on JCF and I normally am over on the Jackson side of things.

Had a question about a Charvel though, this seems like an odd layout. HS configuration, 24 frets, dots, neck thru. Headstock features the "Charvel by Jackson/Charvel" logo.

One thing that seems especially odd is the gold hardware. Gold strap buttons, floyd and knobs. But there are black "jackson" labeled tuners on the headstock. What exactly is this?

Thanks,
    Alex

Model 5A possibly with a hardware change. Just guessing, I can not see your image.

Comment

Now that you've mentioned that I'm thinking it may be a 5FX as the HS configuration looks factory. With a swap from the Jackson jt500 to a Floyd and the addition of a tone knob.

That would make this a MIJ guitar correct?

Comment

If it has a slanted single coil in the neck position, it's likely a Model 5FX. A lone humbucker would be a Model 5A. It was said that 5As were converted into 5FXs with the addition of the single coil.

Yes, all Model Series Charvels were Japanese. If it's under USD$300, grab it immediately.

Comment

Working...
        X