Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help pls- Authentic 1985 USA Custom Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help pls- Authentic 1985 USA Custom Charvel?

Hi all,
    Is there any way to determine the authenticity of this guitar? It is claimed to be a 1985 custom shop usa.
    I can provide more photos but let's start with this.

Thank you in advance for any help. I am interested in this guitar but cannot see it in person until the weekend.

[/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Unfortunately the neck is not original, it is "from 17 years ago". Original rosewood fretboard neck was sold back to the person this guitar was purchased from. He says he has documentation about the purchase of the neck 1- piece maple through either Charvel and/or Mike Shannon.
    I am still somewhat interested depending on how the guitar plays since it hits all the marks I am looking for in my next guitar aside from the mini switches which I don't prefer.
    He says the following:

Has a special Mike Shannon (original San Dimas employee) custom made 1-piece thin maple neck from 17 years ago with beautiful quarter-sawn grain and skunk stripe. It's a very strong neck despite being thin because it's quarter-sawn and rarely needs truss-rod adjusting. I have documentation of the neck you can have. Neck is oil finished and the wood has a nice worn-in feel. It was well loved and well taken care of.
    Last edited by Standupnfall; 11-29-2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Any thoughts? Another pic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Looks awful white for an 85', most turn yellow over the years. picture of back, neckplate, trem stud type could help.

Comment

Thank you for the help all. Guitar seems to checkout as per me, but the original neck was a rosewood board pointy headstock which was sold back to the original owner of the guitar and replaced with a neck bought from Mike Shannon around 2000.

Comment

Working...
          X