Charvel NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel NGD

So I got this a few weeks go from Matt’s. Thanks again Matt and Jay you guys are great. I was a little hesitant with the relic’d finish. I was never really a big fan of them. This one caught my eye though. I was looking at other Charvels but always wanted to change a few things. This one sort of answered the changes I would have made. My first impressions, this thing is so damn comfortable. The relic’d nitro finish and wear is awesome. Just where it should be. The neck is killer. It plays like a guitar that’s been broken in for 30 years. The pickups are really nice too. They say they are Charvel custom humbuckers and a custom single. Roasted bass wood body with a roasted and oiled flame maple neck. Apparently they made 10 of the surf green and I’m really digging it. This is the first brand new guitar I have purchased in a very long time and I am pretty happy I did. Check it out.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I really like this one. There's another I saw for sale on Reverb, but the relicing looks way overboard. I'm tempted to buy it because I like basically everything else about it, but it just looks like a totally unrealistic level of wear and abuse. I think this one got the balance just right, but that one looks kinda dumb.

Comment

I hear ya. I looked at the one on reverb too. At the time I got this one Capital Guitars had that one and Matt’s had 2. I chose this one because I liked the flame and roast on the neck and body, as well as the fact it was a little less relic’d. I am sure the one on reverb is outstanding, but you need to like the look of it for sure.

Comment

Very cool, love it. It's basically a Floyd'd GG with reverse head and relic'd solid color. Lots to like there. Congrats.

Comment

Exactly! I was really digging the GG sig, but didn’t quite care for the trem or the full on trans bodies. They just seemed to be so hit or miss. I loved the reverse, and the standard Floyd idea.

Comment

That thing is sweet. I normally don't dig relic finishes either, but they got it right with that one.
              Congrats

Comment

Love the color and reverse headstock.

Comment

absolute beauty!

Comment

Love the curly maple neck! Great score!

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                      Exactly! I was really digging the GG sig, but didn’t quite care for the trem or the full on trans bodies. They just seemed to be so hit or miss. I loved the reverse, and the standard Floyd idea.

Same here. I had a GG and actually loved it, but wished it had a proper Floyd. I also like the look of reverse head better.

Comment

Congrats! I almost pulled the trigger to one of this. But i just dont need another basswood guitar. And i hope it has SS frets.

Comment

Working...
                        X