Charvel USA Select San Dimas HSS question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel USA Select San Dimas HSS question

so im a new charvel ownner. i bought the blue jake e lee custom shop. and just recently bought a 2017 usa select san dimas hss. i noticed the neck is a bit wider and chunkier on the san dimas then on the jake. just wanted to know if thats how all the san dimas necks are and is jakes slimmer because its custom shop? also the stock pick up in the san dimas im not fond of. the jb in the jake seems hotter. though i thought the sd pup in san dimas was supposed to be hotter than a jb. any info on these 2 guitars would be great. i was hoping to really like the san dimas but i prefer the jake custom shop much better.

The stock bridge pickup in the USA select should be a Dimarzio Super Distortion. Also the Jb in the Jake should be a Customized Seymour Duncan® JB Alnico II.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
      Also the Jb in the Jake should be a Customized Seymour Duncan® JB Alnico II.
      Well, if it's the new Custom Shop Duncan Jake E. Lee signature model pickup in there, it's actually an Alnico 5 magnet and based off of the old AH-1 Allan Holdsworth pickup. Output is about 16.8k.
      This is according to someone on the Duncan Forum who got one of those pickups recently and was told that by MJ (Maricela Juarez) who winds the pickups.

Maybe the pickups in the actual production guitars have the AII instead of AV magnets?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X