Charvel Rembling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Rembling

So, the new Charvel guitars. I had 9 of the USA and MIJ promods. I've played a few of the MIM promods and really haven't been impressed much. I just played the Satchel model and while it looks cool, it just didn't have the broken-in feeling. Its like a step back in quality, but the name (promod) is the same. I played one of the USA select series and that's the guitar I remember being called a promod. I remember every few months, new colors would come out- once in a while there was a wildcard. I miss those days. The USA Select series- its the same colors all the time, no wildcards. Will we ever see more of an emphasis put on the USA guitars? Is there even a custom shop anymore? I see so few Charvel customs anymore.
    Last edited by The Rossness; 10-03-2018, 02:27 AM.

There is a Charvel custom shop. And new custom shop Charvels pop out in some shops quite frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
      I had 9 of the USA and MIJ promods.
      Don't know why you got rid of them. I prefer the non-recessed trems of the USA and MIJ models.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Don't know why you got rid of them. I prefer the non-recessed trems of the USA and MIJ models.
        I bought and sold things. I too prefer no recessed trems.

Comment

At the time, and certainly even more so a decade after their release now, those original USA Production Models of 2008/09 priced at USD$999 and USD$1,099 were great prices for an American-made guitar. Where can you get an American brand name guitar for a thousand bucks these days (rhetorical)? The Japanese ones were just as good and even came with an SKB hardcase. Great guitars, and they still pop up on the used market for fair prices sometimes.

Comment

There was a Tangerine USA on Reverb for $800 + ship. I came really close to getting that, but it was a San Dimas. I prefer the So Cal look in this case.

Comment

I love all the wild cards(and own all of them them currently)! except for the fit of the trem bars in the sockets on the floyds(not a problem on #6 which is hard tail) If they still made them I would still buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                There was a Tangerine USA on Reverb for $800 + ship. I came really close to getting that, but it was a San Dimas. I prefer the So Cal look in this case.
                GC had a white USA SD2. I added it to my cart and continued to browse GC's website....and someone bought it while I was browsing. Oh well...

Comment

I also miss the good ol’ days of the MIA and MIJ Pro-Mods. I’ve owned, and regrettably sold, a Pagan Gold So-Cal (best of them), a Candy Red SD2 and the Fiesta Red 1H SD. Luckily, I just picked a used MIJ So-Cal in red, which I love and the price was quite reasonable.

Haven’t had a chance to play the USA Selects, but would love to hear what people think of these. I have a good lead on a new Torrance red SD-2 for a reasonable price, but I am still undecided on whether to pull the trigger. Too similar to the So-Cal?

Any views from those of you who have actually played them would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I was close to buying a MIJ SoCal today on ebay. It went with one bidder for $700 and $37 shipping with case.

Comment

Maybe this shop has what you are looking for:
                      http://www.cmcguitars.com/charvel-usa-custom-shop/

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCadillac View Post
                        Maybe this shop has what you are looking for:
                        http://www.cmcguitars.com/charvel-usa-custom-shop/
                        Damn, that's the best group of Charvels I've ever seen!

Comment

I miss my Japan #6 Dreamsicle. The Ebony fretboard was amazing.
                          Just got a Pitch Black USA Select HSS HT and the quality level is great. Very broken in neck feel and frets dressed nearly aswell as the MIJ.

Comment

I had a Black SoCal, Pagan Gold SoCal, Candy Plum SoCal, Candy Apple Green SoCal, and I think a couple of SDs back in 08/09. Had 3 different Pagan Gold SoCals - loved the color but just didn't mesh with them for some reason.
                            Sold them all off except the Greenie. Sold its neck (first one on Ebay!) for almost $500. Has a MIJ ProMod neck on it now. Plays great, sounds great (especially with Duncans instead of DiMarzios).

Never paid more than $900 new IIRC. Good to see Pagan Golds still going for $800 after all these years. IIRC the least I paid for one (third one) was $750? Bought from a shop on Ebay - salesguy was Erik Turner. Of Warrant.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X