2009 CHARVEL USA Production model FLOYD ROSE question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 CHARVEL USA Production model FLOYD ROSE question

My question concerns the middle guitar in the picture (Polar White) and the Floyd Rose that was used on the guitar. Can anyone confirm if its a German Floyd or something else. Thank you.

As far as i know those had the non German Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
      As far as i know those had the non German Floyd.
      Hi Ed and thank you for the reply but can you elaborate a little? If its not a German Floyd what Floyd is it?

Comment

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/14...t=#post1647383

i have yet to see an original german made floyd rose on a 1.100$ guitar...

Comment

It is the Korean made FRT-2000 or 1000. Usually just called the 1000 series.

Comment

Thank you guys for the great information.

Comment

Don't be too concerned with the MIK 1000 series. Very good quality stuff, not to be confused with the FR Special.

Comment

I have two 2009 USA Charvel's; the 6th Batch Wild Card #1 in Trans Kandy Magenta, and the 7th Batch Trans Kandy Gold, both with the FRT2000 bridge. According to FR the FRTx000 series of bridges are "Original Floyd Rose" manufactured to the same tolerances, material properties, and engineering specifications as the German OFR. Just a different country of origin, which by the way manufactures the worlds most popular Android phones and has held the worlds largest market share of TV's since 2008 (just sayin...) The FRT2000's in my USA Charvel's are also more stable than the OFR in my 1996 Jackson USA RR1 so as shreddermon stated, I'm not concerned.

Current market 1000 series are FR Pro's, which are different than the late 2000's FRTx000 series OFR tremolos.

Comment

I have to admit wehn I changed mine out for the 1984 German Floyd I was amazed at the difference, could have just been the upgraded block though...

Comment

I build mine from parts with a German OFR and big block. Sounds huge.

Comment

Working...
                    X