Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Charvel Retro Bullseye (GMW Black Refin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Charvel Retro Bullseye (GMW Black Refin)

Well almost NGD... Just scored this 2004 Retro Bullseye thats been refinished in gloss black by Lee Garver over at GMW. Should have it in my possession by Wednesday of next week.
    This will be my first Charvel and I'm VERY excited to say the least. What do you guys think and whats the neck like on these models? I am aware of the 1 3/4 nut but I play on chunky Gibson necks with 1 11/16 with no problems at all, so I think the thinner neck with the wider nut shouldn't phase me. I am looking for more info on the overall shape/profile of the neck though. I've read that it differs from the classic San Dimas neck profile but wondering how exactly? I think someone on here mentioned it was similar to a Jackson PC1 Phil Collen neck?
    Heres a couple pics for your consideration.

I had one. Ironically, I refin'd mine, too. LOL

The neck is nothing like a PC1. Medium thin backshape, whereas the PC neck is thick. The thickest one that J/C makes. I liked the bullseye's neck profile - and I like the thick PC1's, too - but I just could not get along with the wider 1 & 3/4 nut width. Honestly, that's why I sold mine. I'm pretty flexible - I can get along with almost anything in terms of neck shape. But that nut width just wasn't working for me.

Comment

Working...
    X