Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Guthrie Govan - Looking for replacement parts

Hi Guys,

I've been in touch with Charvel (FMIC) customer service -- asking about replacement parts for my 2015 GG.

I asked about pickups, tremolo parts (like the rubber grommet for the trem arm, and the 2 bolts that the trem pivots on)

Of course they said they won't sell the pickups to me, and would "ask someone" about the trem parts..

Does anyone know if the tremolo can be replace with an original floyd Rose NFT trem?

More questions - does anyone have a link to the 'real' or official wiring diagrams for the 2105 and the 2017 GG models?

The 2017 has a coil split, and I was thinking of upgrading mine to do that..but I was hoping to get a look at the diagrams with pot, capacitor, and resistor values..

Thanks

ADMIN EDIT: Please read the rules regarding buying and selling.

OK, I'll bite... How did you wear out the trem posts and have the pickups go bad in only 2 years? I mean, the rubber grommet I can see. But everything else? Damn man, I have guitars over 30 years old with those things still going strong.

Comment

Even though it's charvel labeled could it be a floyd rose?
      https://floydrose.com/collections/tr...Non-Fine-Tuner
      If it is they probably have parts.
      For the pickups you might want to try Suhr.

Comment

No, it's not a Floyd.

Comment

I think the pickups are custom DiMarzios.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pretty sure I read an article that said the PUs are made in-house by FMIC.

Comment

Yeah, just read that. Both the pickups and trem are made in-house.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Yeah, just read that. Both the pickups and trem are made in-house.
                Hi - where is the article?

Thanks !

Comment

http://www.charvel.com/blog/tag/guthrie-govan/

http://www.charvel.com/guitars/artis...board-natural/

Comment

OFR no fine tuning does not match the radius of the board. That is the reason they build the bridge in house. PU is made by michael frank brown from fender custom shop.

Comment

No OFR matches the radius and they've always needed to be shimmed. Guess Guthrie didn't want shims.

Comment

I also heard that, given how long it had been out of production, J/C was worried that Floyd might leave them in the lurch by discontinuing the non-fine tuner version all over again. Besides, they had already made a similar design locking bridge that was used on some Fender Strats in the recent past, used along with the LSR roller nut and locking tuners.

Comment

So far the answer from FMIC is that I need to request Authorized Service to get any replacement parts.
                          And I'm waiting to see if that means I have to be the orig owner, and if I have to bring the guitar in person to an auth dealer.

thanks for all the replies.

Comment

FMIC has agreed to send me a rubber grommet - yay!

My OP asked if anyone had a link to the 'real' / official wiring diagrams for the 2105 and the 2017 GG models?

The 2017 has a coil split, and I was thinking of upgrading mine to do that..but I was hoping to get a look at the diagrams with pot, capacitor, and resistor values..

thanks to all..

Comment

The pickups are made by Fender' by the same person who wounded the pickups of Eric Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                              X