Bullet Truss Rod vs Heel Wheel Truss Rod Adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Truss Rod vs Heel Wheel Truss Rod Adjust

Anyone know why they went with the bullet truss adjustment at the neck end... vs the wheel truss rod adjustment at the heel end of the neck on the new USA Select Series Charvels?

(I'm guessing it was a cost savings measure?)

I really like the wheel at the heel... never played/owned one of the bullet neck end variety. Any comments, good/bad... any effect on neck relief, adjustment etc.

Thanks.

I'd be curious to know why, as well. They seemed to be pushing the heel wheel option hard before. And then the USA Select line showed up with the bullet. And it's not particularly "authentic", as far as showing up in Charvel's history, so kind of an odd spec choice. ...I wonder if it was an economy of scale thing with the Jake line?

Comment

I assume it's cheaper to construct, but I love the idea. I've never had a guitar with the wheel, but many high end guitars use it, and you can't beat it for speed.....
      '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
      '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
      '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
      '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
      '90 Charvel 475 XL
      '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
      Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
      Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
      Marshall JVM410H

Comment

It's a head-scratcher all right. I think someone ordered a whole ton of bullet Floyd Nuts by accident and they decided to build the guitar around those instead of return them.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

maybe fender couldn't sell 70's reissue strats?

Comment

Working...
          X