NGD charvel dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD charvel dinky

Charvel plate, Jackson logo'd dinky in pearl white, ebony board, factory floyd.

and with its SD jackson plated sister

Love it! Great workhorse!

Comment

Awesome, love it. One of the last, I assume. What's the serial number? Just curious, and can't read it from the photo.

Comment

Nice score!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

5426 it's dated January 1986. So probably one of the last charvel, I thought they used Jackson plates by then...I guess not. I bought it from the original owner.

Comment

Comment

be-a-uty

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                5426 it's dated January 1986. So probably one of the last charvel, I thought they used Jackson plates by then...I guess not. I bought it from the original owner.
                I'm surprised they ran out of Charvel logos so early. I thought it wasn't until later. Anyway, grats!
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

As far as I remember it was never clear if they run out of logos or if they didn't use Charvel logos on Jackson style headstocks anymore because of legal or similar reasons (they just started the Japanese line with pointy headstocks)

Oh, I remember a guy, which I once knew, who ordered a Charvel back in the days who was heavily pissed when that guitar showed up with a cheap plastic case and a Jackson logo!

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                    As far as I remember it was never clear if they run out of logos or if they didn't use Charvel logos on Jackson style headstocks anymore because of legal or similar reasons (they just started the Japanese line with pointy headstocks)

Oh, I remember a guy, which I once knew, who ordered a Charvel back in the days who was heavily pissed when that guitar showed up with a cheap plastic case and a Jackson logo!
                    Yeah, not much is really clear about that era. There were plenty of Jacksons with Charvel plates, but never a Charvel with a Jackson plate.

And yeah, I owned one of those guitars... guy ordered a 1 hum SD Charvel and ended up getting an early Ontario Jackson. It was pretty sweet, one hum with Floyd in baby blue...
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Very cool! Love them both.

Comment

'86, so by jacksons serial chart its a jackson....they have it as no no charvel usa in 86. pretty sure their bolt on chart is flawed, I've had 86 dated guitars way over 1505.

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        I'm surprised they ran out of Charvel logos so early. I thought it wasn't until later. Anyway, grats!

Comment

Working...
                        X