Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1376 in the house :-) (has been for some time though)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1376 in the house :-) (has been for some time though)

He guys,

I'm new here and just wanna show my San Dimas to you all as a fellow enthousiast :-)

I bought this guitar some 10/12 years ago I think. Didn't know what it was but knew it was kinda special. Moreso because here in Holland, these axes do not come by that often. It has been modded to death, but the back plate shows no. 1376. Apparently, some former owner wanted it to look more like Vais green meanie, I think :-)

Either way, I just had it refretted and it plays like a mofo. Love it!

I paid 750 Euro for it back then. Would that be a good price? I am not planning to part from it, don't worry :-)

And so, without further ado:

That's awesome!

A pickguard AND a rear-routed electronics route? Is the pickguard purely cosmetic and the pickups/controls/switch are actually mounted to the body?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      That's awesome!

A pickguard AND a rear-routed electronics route? Is the pickguard purely cosmetic and the pickups/controls/switch are actually mounted to the body?
      Well.......That is the first time I thought of that....in all those years I never wondered why it had a rear-routed cavity. I will look into it. As you can, one of the former owners spraypainted it slime green in the most horrible way possible. I wish I could find out some details on how the thing used to look....

Comment

Parts mutt? That hole in the neck plate looks like where they might have put the strap pin on a Star body guitar.

Comment

Looks cool. Take the pickguard off to see if there's any trace of another color under there. You might even be able to see if there's a different color inside the control cavity if you haven't already taken the cover off.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's the Mean Greenie!

Comment

You might be able to find out from someone here, what it originally looked like. Of course only maybe, if it is the original neck plate.

Comment

I don't know. I'm "vibe-ing" that it is a parts mutt. Even so, still a great guitar especially @ that price. Plus it probably has some good mojo. So just enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                X