No announcement yet.

Charvel USA Production Models - catalog ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't see those every day. You picked the two USA Production Models that have rosewood boards. Very nice!

Comment

i kept watching and hoping that they would make one with a rosewood and they did.
      Then the second one came out soon after and I had to get it also.
      Wasn't planning on two but here we are lol

Comment

In posts 39 and 41 of this thread, there is a guitar called Yellow Flame. Here is the scan for it. Hadn't seen it until today. Just adding it to our thread here for completeness.

Comment

For my own benefit, I made a table to categorize the finishes and variants for the USA Production Models. Maybe it will help others too. Every model/finish pictured in this thread so far is captured below.

A quick note about the Yellow Flame and Blue Flame San Dimas Style 1s: I have them listed in both Batch 7 and Batch 8 in the table below, because they're mentioned on the price lists for Batch 7 and Batch 8 as seen in some of the earlier posts in this thread. But overall production was limited to 100 pieces each.

I don't have exact production numbers for each color. A local ad I saw today for a Batch 1 So-Cal Candy Tangerine said it's one of 382. If that was an accurate number for that Batch, it might not be unreasonable to assume that similar numbers were made for each color.

We are missing a Batch 1 scan showing the So-Cal model. Therefore there's no official catalog image of the So-Cal Candy Tangerine. (Seeing the local ad mentioned in the paragraph above made me revisit this thread to find the Candy Tangerine So-Cal which was "missing" and prompted me to create the below table to fill in the gaps.) The existing Batch 1 images show the black and custom color San Dimas Style 1, and black and custom color San Dimas Style 2, but no So-Cal.
          San Dimas Style 1
          Except where noted below, all have rear-loaded Strat body (no pickguard), black hardware, 2H Seymour Duncan pickups with black pickup rings, and maple fretboard. "Standard Black" was a finish offered during all 8 Batches.
          San Dimas Style 2
          All have rear-loaded Tele body (no pickguard), black hardware, 2H Seymour Duncan pickups with black pickup rings, and maple fretboard. "Standard Black" was a finish offered during all 8 Batches.
          So-Cal Style 1
          All have front-loaded Strat body (with pickguard), black hardware, 2H DiMarzio pickups, and maple fretboard. "Standard Black" was a finish offered during all 8 Batches.
          Warren DeMartini Signature Models
          Except where noted below, all have rear-loaded Strat body (no pickguard), black hardware, 1H Seymour Duncan pickup with black pickup ring, and maple fretboard.
          Batch 1
          (July 2008)
          • Candy Red • Pagan Gold • Candy Tangerine none
          Batch 2
          (October 2008)
          • Candy Blue • Candy Red • Candy Green none
          Batch 3
          (January 2009)
          • Slime Green • Candy Purple • Pagan Gold none
          Batch 4
          (April 2009)
          • Polar White (with chrome hardware, zebra pickup bobbins, and cream pickup rings) • Candy Tangerine • Candy Plum none
          Batch 5
          (July 2009)
          • Taxi Cab Yellow • Polar White • Ferrari Red none
          Batch 6
          (October 2009)
          • Sea Sick Green
          • Trans Kandy Magenta (Wild Card #1)
          none • Polar White none
          Batch 7
          (January 2010)
          • Fiesta Red (Wild Card #2, with chrome hardware, direct mounted 1H pickup, and rosewood fretboard)
          • Trans Kandy Gold (with direct mounted HSS pickups)
          • Yellow Flame graphic finish
          • Blue Flame graphic finish
          none • Trans Red Ale • Crossed Swords
          • Blood with Skull
          • Bomber
          Batch 8
          (April 2010)
          • Candy Tangerine (with rosewood fretboard)
          • Flat Black (Wild Card #3, with chrome hardware and direct mounted 1H pickup)
          • Yellow Flame graphic finish
          • Blue Flame graphic finish
          none • Slime Green • Crossed Swords
          • Blood with Skull
          • Bomber
          • Snake (Dinky body, with HS pickups and truss rod spoke wheel at heel)
          Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 09-02-2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

spent a few minutes on several search engines and found a scan of the batch 1 so-cal... exactly as I remember it

Comment

THAT'S THE ONE!

My search skills must be terrible. Thank you for that!

I think we now have captured all the official images!

An interesting thing to note for those of us who were "surprised" that the San Dimas S1/S2 and So-Cal were equipped with Korean Floyd Rose 1000s (and not German Original Floyd Roses) is that if you look at the Batch 1 scans and the price lists seen throughout this thread, they all say "Floyd Rose" while the pricelists state that the Warren DeMartini models say "Original Floyd Rose". Semi-clever, semi-devious, 100% accurate on Fender/Charvel's marketing, but you'd have to be paying very close attention to the scans / pricelists if you wanted to be completely informed. Many years after their release, it's common knowledge these are Floyd 1000s since they're well-documented, but I can see why it might have caught customers off guard in 2008.
              Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 06-18-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Glad this thing is still going. Nice job guys
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                X