Just bought this Custom Shop Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK So I went and did it!
    Bare Knuckle Vintage type reliced Strat neck Pup.
    Not only does this look like a factory spec'd job but it also sounds great!

Last edited by Guinny; 07-29-2011, 07:05 AM.

Comment

nice job...love the addition of the neck pku
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I still would've tried the push/pull first, but the H/S look does look nice! It's your guitar and, as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

should have bought the original the Music zoo had for a while.........nice guitar,....kinda has a Warren D. vibe now.

Comment

Have to say I love the wildcard #2's, without the neck pickup myself. Still, digging the yellow headstock a lot though. Very early 80's! I do think you have blasphemed with the neck rout though and are perhaps now are at serious risk of being struck down by lightning.

Anyway, that's not relicing, this is relicing:

http://www.dimarzio.com/player/eddie-ojeda

I think the same workshop did Mr Ojeda also. Nah!! He's still young and that guitar is road worn not reliced!
            Last edited by ginsambo; 07-30-2011, 12:52 PM.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

He's not gonna take it. I love beat to hell guitars like that.

Comment

Damn, looks like his right arm is relic'd!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's funny how guitar buyers seem to fall into different categories':

1. Buy pristine factory guitars, take of belts and watchs to avoid buckle rash, scratches and polish them every time they play them -returnto case until next time.

2. Buy factory guitars and never change or personalise anything so they can be resold as original and unmodified

3. Buy a guitar and change everything on it for no reason other than its a project and kills the boredom!

4. Buy a guitar irrespective of price, condition, resalevalue, colour or trends because it plays like nothing else and already feels like an old friend -make changes because it suits your individual style - keep it well setup and functional but have it in easy reach for a quick shred -enjoy the fact it has your sweat on it and that dink where your singer knocked it over!

I fall into the last group but weare all different!

I'm never planning on selling thisguitar so just want it to be the best tool for my playing ...and now it is!
                  Last edited by Guinny; 08-01-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X