No announcement yet.

My First Charvel - Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they're heavy beasts for sure but I guess it never bothered me since I'm always sitting on my out of shape ass on my couch when I play. I suppose If I had to play those things while standing all the time I'd have to get ripped like george.
    Last edited by Ultramagnus; 05-07-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I have an old solid quilted maple SD Charvel, it sounds great. The lighter weight bigleaf maple sounds less bright than eastern rock maple.

Comment

The Barreta is a save project. Not sure of the exact year, as I can't guarantee the neck plate is original. I picked it up for $125 off Craigslist. It was in terrible shape but now it's kick ass. Someone added a neck pickup and did a $10 hack paint job. Someone else filled in the neck PU and did a worst paint job.

I stripped it and completely refinished. The original PU was long gone. I now have an EVH Wolfgang in there (Great PU ). The wood is really light weight and soft, not Maple. I think it could be either Poplar?

I am totally lovin the Charvel and the sustainer works and sounds great. Having a few guitars, I like to have each one expand the tonal palette, different tunings, PU's, tone, etc. The Sustainer definitely brings something new and different. It's very musical and organic sounding.

The paint job and relic just didn't work for me - and others . We got some real nice weather in Toronto so I fully stripped the guitar and have it primed. Going for a Light Metallic Blue. I will post the final once completed.
        Last edited by Radiohead; 05-09-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I bought my Baretta in 85 new...sold it around 90...bought the exact one back last November for my birthday.
          I had my S.I.N # engraved on the neck plate...saw it on Kijiji and had to have it back...bought it for $400.00 this time around.
          Back breaker...but it sounds and plays awesome.

Comment

Refinished the Charvel

To all the dad's out there, Happy Fathers Day. Hope everyone is enjoying their day...

I got some time to finish off this project.

I stripped and repainted the Charvel Body using Spray Cans. It's a real nice metallic finish that is a little hard to capture with my camera, but it looks great...

Here are a few picks.

A also got my EVH build put back together, so I thought I would update a few pics of the herd...

Comment

Nice job on the refinish! I'd never guess that was done with spray cans. And it looks like there's some flake in the paint too, pretty cool!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Cool refin and great collection! Love the Barettas, used to have one in the mid-80's. Great guitars.

Comment

Working...
                X