No announcement yet.

MZ Liquidates Grover Legacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well deviltronix since you put it that way, for the price they're selling these i'd expect 24ct gold-plated hardware and Floyd, platinum frets, 10-ply ivoroid, abalone and pearloid binding around the body, neck and headstock, a hand-painted graphic finish and 100ct diamond inlays.

With your argument, apparently it takes longer to route for a v-trem and a single humbucker than for a Floyd and two pickups? Please...
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Now that it has been a number of years since their initial release. These Legacy splatter series with the V-trem or the relic tour-toured with the Floyd are so hard to find. Having owned original prerpos back in the day, sold off years ago and wishing I had them back, These are the most accurate reproduction's ever, hand made with the old tooling and templates and the original guys who made them in the first place plus each one is different. That is why they were so much when released. I have been searching for another one for a while and they are like hens teeth to find

Comment

Wow, thread resurrection!

I was on hiatus from JCF and guitars in general when this guitar series was released so this thread is "new" for me. I'm not the right buyer for this series but I appreciate the idea behind them as someone who likes seeing retro-flavored modern-made guitars, even if the consensus seemed to be (at least from those who posted in this thread) that they were overpriced, especially when lacking a 22nd fret, a neck pickup, and the crowd is ambivalent about the v-trem.

Because I'm not the right buyer for this type of guitar, I have to ask, aren't these guitars basically perfect for the vintage Charvel diehard fans? I'm not an expert in that field but this seems to have all the hallmarks of those earliest guitars. So what's wrong with them? Or do the vintage diehard fans also want 22 frets, neck pickups, and Floyds?

Comment

If it isn't 22 frets with a Floyd I'm not interested in it myself.

Comment

I am still looking for one.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              No, they're directly in the wood on these. I asked someone selling one on ebay not long ago, and I also asked a dealer.
              I get that, but you could get the ones that i described. My Custom shop, Mike Shannon built and holding in my avatar has them.

Comment

Working...
              X