Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple Style 2 (Tele)...what color pickguard! White or Black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Red
    replied
    Originally posted by powermacho View Post
    Nice guitars. I have a tele style on ts way on red color. That was the style I wanted the least but for change of desteny it was the cheapest I found one of the USA models. It should come in this week. I like what you did to your guitar, itlooks bery unique, is the bullseye modified by yourself?
    BE is a custom shop Tele...made me realize that the USA Prod needed some help

Originally posted by vondran View Post
    The black with the mirror pickguard is killer!! Now that is what modding Charvels is all about.
    That mirror pickguard is a 'one and only'.....per the R&D dept. The thinnest mirror is just too thick for the neck-body gap. One or three-ply fits 99% of the guitars that we've put them on with no thickness issues.

Leave a comment:

• tcwil8
    replied
    I've never been a fan of the T body style but that bullseye is crazy badass. I also dig the black with the mirror pickguard. I may have to rethink these.

Leave a comment:

• vondran
    replied
    The black with the mirror pickguard is killer!! Now that is what modding Charvels is all about.

Leave a comment:

• powermacho
    replied
    Nice guitars. I have a tele style on ts way on red color. That was the style I wanted the least but for change of desteny it was the cheapest I found one of the USA models. It should come in this week. I like what you did to your guitar, itlooks bery unique, is the bullseye modified by yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Code Red
    replied
    It was a no-brainer for me. Style 2's are just too plain. I suppose that not every Tele needs a pickguard...just like not every Flying V needs a pickguard. Let's face it...a single plain color needs some help. The whole Style 2 series pretty much bombed and got discontinued, which is a little bit of a shame. I'm not trashing them; I own 4 Style 2's, now, so just hold-yer-horses on the troll talk.

The simple fact, in my opinion, is that the guitar needs something to help it out from being too plain. Pick a busier paitn job or a pickguard or a decal (egh)...but they need something.

Leave a comment:

• veniculum
    replied
    I might be in the minority here, but I LOVE the pickguards on these Tellies...I have a polar white with a black pickguard (Thanks Ron), and it totally changed the look of the guitar...for the better. The plain white was a bit boring and looked like it needed something.

I will say...purple is a different color than white, and opinions might be different...but I still think the white and the black look good. I'd probably go with the black on that one...kinda like the purple SoCal

My 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• Grandturk
    replied
    Looks like Grimace.

Leave a comment:

• guitardudeluke
    replied
    how about black pearl

Leave a comment:

• The Rossness
    replied
    Neither,

Leave a comment:

• EvilOdin
    replied
    I kinda like the white better myself, but the black is also very nice
    did you just fasten it with the pickup scews or did you actually drill holes for the rest of the screw mounts?

Leave a comment:

• Trussrod
    replied
    Originally posted by sully View Post
    I like how you've got the little cutout for the volume knob, though!
    That is cool...

Leave a comment:

• sully
    replied
    I like how you've got the little cutout for the volume knob, though!

Leave a comment:

• gtrbuyer
    replied
    I like the black..nice job

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
    I think the black looks killer, but the same time I don't think I would've done it, if that makes any sense.
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• fatmotti
    replied
    I was seriously considering picking up a purple style two and putting chrome hardware on it with a white pickguard.

I really like your pickguards btw.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X