No announcement yet.

Counterfeit Charvel San Dimas on eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterfeit Charvel San Dimas on eBay?

I've always heard of them, but have never seen one before. I've always wondered how common they are.

I was just hunting through eBay listings for older Charvels and ran into this "San Dimas" model in gorgeous condition. However, I noticed the tremolo seems a bit new and the floyd nut isn't correct for the era.

Take a look at the neckplate. It's the "sold neckplate" era of serial numbers.

If I'm wrong, that's a hell of a great price for an original San Dimas Charvel in such beautiful condition!

Its a new one. 2005 manufacture. Decent price. They couldn't give these away new.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Really? What a confusing guitar. That tremolo, pickups and nut definitely look like a modern guitar. The serial number threw me off, since the neckplate looks just like those old San Dimas models and the serial number is of the era of lost plates.

Any idea how much these were new? Looks like a nice axe.

Comment

I know that the one hum, vtrem, RGF that I have the original owner paid 1445 new. I think the MAP on the one hum floyds where $1600. These were not line guitars either.

Comment

Yeah I think they ranged between 1500 - 2000 at the top. I played a red HSS Floyd with ebony board and I think it was 1799 or 1899 something like that.

I would say these guitars were probably about 3 years too early for the market. They came out when everyone wanted stratheads. Now that stratheads are out, all these chumps want pointies (you know who you are).
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

"San Dimas" in this case refers to the model name, not the era. Cool guitars though.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yep, these are great guitars. They were a little pricey for the market when they came out ~2005, and are a great deal now. If you've always wanted a SD USA made pointy then you should be able to find a very good deal.

Comment

I remember when they came out and GC had a few of them. The one I played rocked but sadly I couldn't afford it.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

No tricks there, it is a fender reissue and they are actually for the most part true to the originals in most features (including the neckplate - they more or less started up where the old ones stops 2 years ago). A screw counter collecter will find issues, but if yoiu plan on playing it - you will not be disappointed IMHO (I own new and old both).
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have one and it's a killer guitar! I bought it new and picked it out from a shipment of several that my dealer got in. They are fantastic guitars and in a different league than the USA Pros (which I also own one of as well). Get one of these if you can!

Last edited by beachjammer; 10-22-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I wish those the 2005 pointies were more abundant. I really want a Charvel San Dimas but would rather have the pointy headstock than the Strat-shaped one.

Comment

Working...
                      X