Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we ever going to get rosewood boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Jake?
    Wasn't Jake's Charvel really a Fender that had the headstock reshaped and a Charvel logo slapped on it?
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Wasn't Jake's Charvel really a Fender that had the headstock reshaped and a Charvel logo slapped on it?
      I actually was just talking about that at lunch today. His others were legit Charvels - the blue and the red one.

I do get that the maple neck/fretboard is a very "Charvel" thing... but there's plenty of rosewood and ebony out there as well... Alan Holdsworth model, anyone?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I had a pearl white '85 Charvel w/ ebony board. NICE! Those boards were half an inch thick I tell ya!

Still, the all maple boards are nice, and I have enough guitars with rosewood boards! Maple is more shredalicious!
        '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
        '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
        '98 PRS Custom 22
        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Honestly of the two (maple or rosewood) I prefer maple. I'm glad that Charvel did these with maple boards and I don't mind they're all that way.

But I prefer ebony more than maple. If I thought I could get a nice chunk of unbound ebony at the $1099 price point I might ask for that, but it would surely be some icky striped stuff with dye that would crack and warp and have sex with my wife behind my back.

Comment

God rosewood is ugly

Comment

Nah, rosewood just flat out rules. Pao ferro, especially. Nice tight grain, warm tone, smooth feel and cool looks. ...I'm not talking about the crap used on imports. I'm talking real quality rosewood.

Don't get me wrong, I like maple. And I like ebony, too. But if I could only live with one...

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                it would surely be some icky striped stuff with dye that would crack and warp and have sex with my wife behind my back.
                Paranoia at it's best haha
                "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Working...
                X