Danny Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Johnson

Just found this fairly recent picture of Danny playing a Charvel. Normally, he's abusing Les Pauls and Arias. I also just found out that he's hooked back up with Rick Derringer, Kenny Aaronson, and Vinnie Appice for a "DERRINGER" reunion tour.

"POOP"

I remember when he replaced Via in Alkatraz in '86. I bought their third record and was extremely disappointed!! Especially, after reading Eddie praising him and producing his band's record Private Life s/t in '90. They used the first song of that album for the Wayne's World movie. The main song Wayne's woman "Cassandra" kept singing..

I also bought Private Life and ..I just said fuggit. I actually threw the record away as soon as I listened to it. The ONLY record, 8 track, cassette, CD I ever threw away in my life.

But I was just biased and into shred at that time, and still. It obvious that wasn't his gig. I'm sure he's good. But I don't care anymore.

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I typed Danny Johnson guitar @ Youtube..

Yeah..he's shreddin' ass these days.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKQtWar7mqc
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You kook!

Danny did some really cool work with Derringer on Rick's first two albums. And of course, he was a local legend in this area when he played in AXIS with Vinnie Appice and Jay Davis. No sir, he never was a "shredder" or a metal head. He was and still is a blues based rocker.
        "POOP"

Comment

I remember thinking that the Alcatrazz album was a let down...I still have it on cassette somewhere. I wanted to like him because he played a Jackson RR

I still have the Private Life cd as well...not sure if I ever even listened to it. I picked it up as a cut-out in the "bargain bin" because I new Ed produced it. I didn't even know Johnson played on it

Comment

Working...
          X