Flight 666

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight 666

Surprised no one else has posted anything about this.

Just came back from watching Iron Maiden: Flight 666. Figured I'd give a report.

#1 - Adrian Smith Jackson all over the place - lots of close ups of him playing it, both maple and ebony models. Under the stage lights it looked a little more off-white than white-white.

OK, with that out of the way. Very cool "concert-mentary." It basically picks up at the beginning of the first leg of Somewhere Back In Time tour - leaving England for their first date in Mumbai. The pulse of the movie is behind the scenes footage, one song in concert, flight footage, behind the scenes footage, one song in concert, flight footage, rinse, repeat. Some stops were ommitted (shown only in Indiana Jones style flybys) but we see India, Australia, Tokyo, Anchorage, LA, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Costa Rica, New Jersey and Toronta. The live stuff was very cool -all the classics, Trooper, Hills, Aces High, Mariner - basically most of the set they played this time around.

My wife could have used more documentary scenes, but I thought it was a good balance and it played well for the crowd.

Thumbs up.

Also - I can't wait to get my Adrian Smith Dinky!!!

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

Can't wait to see it. They didn't have a listing for Dallas. DVD Coming soon I guess.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I didn't even know it was out. I gotta check it out. That tour was my 1st maiden show, and my 2nd overall concert. I still have that gray tour shirt somewhere! Is this a theater-release only thing for now?
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It was only a limited theatrical release - I think the DVD comes out in May.
        Blank yo!

Comment

they're showing it for about a week on very limited release over here. Starts this week, I believe. But since they're not screening it in my home town, I'm going to have organise a trip to go see it.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, it's on next week over in NZ. Got my tickets for opening night! Thanks for the review
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by grandturk View Post
              - leaving england for their first date in mumbai.
              Bombay. Bombay. Bom-fucking-bay
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                Bombay. Bombay. Bom-fucking-bay
                Bloody imperialist! LOL
                Blank yo!

Comment

Didn't even know about it...cool!

Comment

the director is the guy who did the documentaries "Metal : A Headbangers Journey" and "Global Metal". He is a anthropology graduate from I believe Victoria, B.C.

Both documentaries are quite enjoyable watching as well.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

They didn't show it here in the DR but as soon as I can get my hands on the DVD I'll get it! UP THE IRONS!!!
                      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                      custom made Les Paul
                      VOX Tonelab LE
                      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                      ADA MP1
                      BBE 422A
                      Lexicon MPX-G2
                      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                      Support Your Local 81

Comment

Looks cool! Thanks for the review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDOMGAqJ4M
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The Boeing 757 plane that took the band around the world, flown by singer Bruce Dickinson, is nicknamed "Ed Force One".
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

According to IMDB:

Only a limited number of cinemas are showing Iron Maiden: Flight 666 on 25 April 2009 :-

Mann Chinese 6 (Hollywood,CA)
                            Clearview Chelsea (New York,NY)
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Clearview Chelsea (New York,NY)
                              That's where I was - the showing on the 21st was sold out. I got tix for the 22nd - good crowd - lots of cheers and shoouting along with the songs.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X