Tommy Victor & his Charvels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Victor & his Charvels!

I've been on a massive Prong-trip the last week, listened through all the albums. So now I'm wondering what guitars he used? Surfcasters, Predators and all that... And what pickups were used?
    B är elakare! /Mårten hagström, Meshuggah

*Charvel 475
    *Jackson JX-3 preamp

I remember reading an interview many years ago, and he said he never felt a need to change pickups. Whatever pickups were stock in the guitars he picked up, whether it was Charvel, Gibson, whatever other guitars he used, that's what he used.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool, thanks! (And nice At the gates signature as well!)

*Charvel 475
      *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

I talked to Tommy in 1994 after the gig at Tavastia club in Helsinki and he told me that he used Marshall Valvestate 8100 head and TC Electronics booster to get his sound. He also told that he had Bill Lawrence humbucker in his guitar.

Comment

Yeah, I was aware of the Marshall Valvestate, but not the TC Electronics booster. Thanks a bunch!

*Charvel 475
          *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

I'm listening to "Rude Awakening" right now, and I think that it's a really good album!
            I shot Tommy an email a couple of years back, telling him what I thought of "RA", and he told me that he liked it as well but that "he was in a very dark place back then"..Go figure!
            My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Yeah, Rude Awakening is a great record! Although my favorite is Cleansing...
              So, can someone please "list" the Charvels and Jacksons he has used through the years? I´m sure of the Surfcaster and the Predator, but I'm sure there's more!

*Charvel 475
              *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

Pretty sure there was a Jackson Rhoads pro in there too.

Comment

Yeah, I bought that guitar from him. It has a Bill Lawrence in it.

Comment

Working...
                  X