RATT 12/27/08 HOB Anaheim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATT 12/27/08 HOB Anaheim

Just got back. Excellent show. I don't remember the set list but they closed with "Round and Round". Warren's axes for the show consisted of:
    1. a black Charvel with a graphic around the body and horns (it was a BEAUTY)
    2. a non-Fender telecaster with single coils in neck & bridge, similar looking to Springsteen's Tele.
    3. The snakeskin for "Lay It Down" and a few others (might have had a D-Tuna attached).
    4. The black Charvel with the blood drops and white skull.

Carlos played an off-white Gibson V for standard tuning and a black V for Drop D ("Lay It Down").

Stephen's voice sounded great and Bobby's drums were good as well. Robbie's bass was buried -- couldn't really make it out. Warren and Carlos's guitars sounded good but could have been brought up a bit when they solo'd. Overall, it was mixed solidly save for the items I mentioned. They put on a good show. Go see 'em.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

could you make out what amps they were using?

Comment

Did Carlos just solo on the same tunes that Robbin did? Which ones did they do? How did he gel with the band?

Comment

Carlos and Warren both used 3 Marshall stacks, no heads. They had a relic look to them like they were 30 years old. Carlos did the solo on the opening song and a few others (don't remember, sorry). They did a little blues medley at the end of "Way Cool Jr". When Stephen introduced him, the crowd gave an extra enthusiastic response -- everyone already knew who he was. Carlos is a great addition to the band. Dig those Gibson Vs, too.

Comment

Thanks, dude! We love this kind of equipment-groupie-thing!!!! Good work!!! Well done!!! RATT forever!!!! Have you seen the youtubeclip with Warren and Mr Schenker (from 1991) ? Gee, I love Michael from Sarstedt but on this one our Warren just blows Mr Schenker away. DeMartini just burns and it´s sooo bad!! Great stuff!
          P, Tjockhult, Scandinavia

Comment

Last time I saw Carlos in Quiet Riot he was playing a custom shop Soloist Green Ghost Flames with flame inlays. This was around 2002. He should stick to the Jacksons!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I saw Ratt two nights ago and warren played the Black San dimas with the frenchie graphic and his snakeskin performance. No blood drips.
              This space for rent

Comment

what happened to corabi?

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  Last time I saw Carlos in Quiet Riot he was playing a custom shop Soloist Green Ghost Flames with flame inlays. This was around 2002. He should stick to the Jacksons!
                  I saw him last year and he was using that same guitar. Hopefully it gets back into the rotation.

Comment

At least the bass didnt overwhelm everyone.. usually that is the case,
                    where the bass is way too loud. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                      I saw Ratt two nights ago and warren played the Black San dimas with the frenchie graphic and his snakeskin performance. No blood drips.

Didn't he play a pink PRS too? Or is that a different QR guitarist?:think:

Comment

Our band is going to open a show with RATT this June. Can't wait.

Here is a recent picture of Warren and Stephen together, very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                          Our band is going to open a show with RATT this June. Can't wait.

Here is a recent picture of Warren and Stephen together, very cool!

Don't you mean "way cool!" Ha-ha. I love that Snakeskin Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                            Don't you mean "way cool!" Ha-ha.
                            Way Cool indeed.
                            Last edited by Big D; 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

"Way Cool Jr." - I think

Comment

Working...
                              X