X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NextInLine
    replied
    Originally posted by toejam View Post
    But it's not... look at the bridge. It was a Custom, as was every other Jackson made back then.
    Yeah I know, I know but then again it's just the same as an RR1T

Leave a comment:

• MartinBarre
    replied
    That guy might believe what you wrote, go around telling all his pals, then, when they find out it's not true, they'll kick his arse for him. I hope you're ready to deal with that mental anguish.

Leave a comment:

• Rsmacker
    replied
    It wasn't for your benefit.

Leave a comment:

• MartinBarre
    replied
    Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
    Wow Rsmacker I read all of that, kept reading after every sentence, hoping I could get a laugh out of that but no luck
    +1, except I didn't read all of it as it was pretty clear it wasn't going to be funny after the first couple of lines.

Leave a comment:

• MartinBarre
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
    Nothing cool about it. Just another black RR.
    Damn right. Mine is much better.

Last edited by MartinBarre; 01-20-2008, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
    About the guitar, I have to agree with thunderhead, it's just the same as a black RR1T..
    But it's not... look at the bridge. It was a Custom, as was every other Jackson made back then.

Leave a comment:

• NextInLine
    replied
    Wow Rsmacker I read all of that, kept reading after every sentence, hoping I could get a laugh out of that but no luck!

About the guitar, I have to agree with thunderhead, it's just the same as a black RR1T..

Leave a comment:

• Rsmacker
    replied
    Originally posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Kirk had to wait at the Jackson factory for this guitar to be completed--the glue on the nut wasn't dry yet.
    Kirk used this guitar for most of their songs in the late 80s, but it later became used for songs in D, such as SAD BUT TRUE.

OK, since you are new, we'll let you into "The Big Secret". Unfortunately that black RR isn't a Jackson. It's a very closely guarded fact that Kirk Hamster was absolutely cumming in his pants for one of these guitars, but none were ready. Staff at a local music store did have a Chod-o-yaki or Samick or suchlike, so somebody raced round, they sanded off the logo, and he actually had to wait while they put a hairdryer on the re-painted headstock. (Twice, because they spelled Jackson wrong the first time and someone realised he might get suspicious)
    He actually got a cheap Jackson many years later, the tour manager siphoned off a few cents from his P.Ds and saved up to buy a used Professional series, a few late nights were put in with a hairdryer (again), and a Stanley knife to cut some inlays, and bingo, the guitar was quietly swapped for it's hard-working lookee-likee, with which Kirk had recorded ALL of his rhythm parts on various albums (apart from the ones Lars did, obviously ) Kirk was simply told it felt different because they had changed the strings, even though none had broken! He loved it, and instigated an extravagant string-changing regime - it's every 90 days now, whether they need changing or not.

And that's a fact that is.

I also may well have a line on this extremely rare piece of rock memorabilia, and I'm willing to act as a go-between for you if you are interested. I mean, if you are a real Metallica fan, not some poser who will love Oasis tomorrow, of course. Only a true Metallica freak would want to own this. It may well be out of the price range of mere mortals (ie. posers, pretending to like Metallica), but maybe we could come to some arrangement. Do you have a sister, and how big is her moustache?

Oh, and welcome to the board.

(Yes, James Hetfield needs to have a few drinkies, and pull his head out of his bottom, he acts like a mincing puff these days)

PS. Don't tell anyone the Big Secret.

Leave a comment:

• ZZB
    replied
    Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
    I believe the downfall of Metallica began when Hetfield started addressing the crowd as "Hey Friends!" instead of "Motherfuckers!!"
    James is probably happier now in all his tree-huggin' clarity of mind, but I agree - I liked his old stage persona better.

Leave a comment:

• kuerbo
    replied
    I believe the downfall of Metallica began when Hetfield started addressing the crowd as "Hey Friends!" instead of "Motherfuckers!!"
    :ROTF:

Leave a comment:

• thunderhead
    replied
    Nothing cool about it. Just another black RR.

Leave a comment:

• slash-ed
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonKing
    replied
    thanks friends!
    This guitar very fuckin'cool!

Leave a comment:

• ChickenScratch
    replied
    Who?

Leave a comment:

• Norton
    replied
    I didn't know that story.. but it's really more of a sentence, than a story...
    Yeah dude, the nut wasn't dry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X