Randy Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Randy Rhoads

I saw Randy in Aug 1981 on the first tour. He played the White Jackson V for Believer and Flying High, the two Eb songs. All other whammy songs he used the Sandoval Polka dot V. The non-whammy songs used the LP Custom [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ December 04, 2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: MrCrowley ]

Comment

I never had the chance to see Randy,but I've seen Ozzy 3 times, and he never played Over the Mountain. It seems like after Brad Gillis left he quit playing it. Is this the case and if so why?
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

probably b/c ozzy can't sing it live to save his life.... i'm sure we've all heard some of the bootlegs, and man, oz just sounds awful...most of that speak of the devil video was resung.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Makes me wish I had some sense and took pictures when I met him way back when. I'll remember that if my kids ever get to meet their heros...take pics!

Comment

dave.............. we have to talk about this! please, more info!

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I posted the whole meeting/hanging out story on the old board under the "meeting your heroes" thread awhile back. I was the kid who worked maintenance at a hotel where they stayed during the summer of 81.

We oughta get together anyway and I'll tell you about it. This weekend won't work because I'm sure my wife would like more notice, but you wanna swing by my place for a cookout or something next weekend? Since you're in Plano, you can bring the alcohol! It's a dry area over here. I've still got your phone number logged into my cellphone. If that's a good number for you, I'll call you this weekend. Or email me otherwise, [email protected]

Dave

Sorry Shredzilla, completely went off topic in your thread.

Comment

Dave,
                I remember that story! It was neat. Why don't you re-post it in a new thread?!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X