Jackson v other brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson v other brands

The bands I like are endorsed by other brands. What is it other brands can do that Jackson can't?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Remember, Grover started the 'no endorsement' rule. And, from a moral perspective, I agree with him. But as a business practice.... Steve Vai has made more commissions from selling guitars than Grover Jackson ever made from his entire spectrum of guitars.

Also remember, I had a deal with BCR and Budweiser.
    But I hate beer, and the only guitars I own from that era bare the name Jackson on them.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 09-28-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

One of the things Jackson has always had a problem with - SPEED.
      When I need a guitar, it has to arrive today. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Certainly not 6 months. Some of us even sit for 3 years waiting for a guitar with a volume knob in a different spot.

One of the things with being 'endorsed', you have to play that brand. Sometimes a specific model.
      If my gear gets stuck at the border, I need new gear to play. I need either Jackson to ship me guitars, or a Jackson dealer needs to supply my gear.
      Jackson can't get me guitars fast enough. And dealers are far and few between.

Comment

So this is why Behemoth use ESP? Faster build times, distribution, etc.? I guess I just wanted to see what a Seth or Orion signature would look like in the form of a Jackson.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't really have an answer as I am curious as well. What I have always found interesting is almost everyone who is playing Jackson when they become famous eventually ends up at ESP. There are some exceptions like Marty Friedman( and maybe he left and came back), but not many. Maybe as pianoguy alluded to that endorsment money is hard to pass up. Along with supply.

Comment

I mean wasn't it the case with alexi/cob that they had their gear stolen, and jackson told them it was going to be a year to get replacements to them? and then esp swoops in and says "we can get you the guitars you spec'd in a few weeks"?

Comment

As mentioned, time to actually get equipment not to mention a certain level of freedom if what you can get with say ESP that you're not going to get from Jackson unless you're insanely popular. And honestly and it pains me to say this - Jackson hasn't done much in a long damn time. I mean they throw a plastic pick guard on a King V and call it a day. ESP if you look at the real ESP stuff they do all sorts of crazy shit. Jackson used to do some weird shit, that bone fish mutant guitar thing for instance or the guitars that what's his face made for NAMM before getting fired. Jackson is stale. I'm sure $ plays a part for some as well
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Translating eakinj's post above:

"Bone fish mutant guitar thing" is the Jackson Zoraxe.

"What's his face" is Pablo Santana.

Comment

Hisatake Shibuya is the devil.

This is the first I have said it here. But not the first time I have said it elsewhere, and I have almost said it here many times while always ending up deleting it.
                  Hisatake Shibuya is, IMO, single-handedly responsible for the destruction of the music industry.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    Hisatake Shibuya is the devil.

This is the first I have said it here. But not the first time I have said it elsewhere, and I have almost said it here many times while always ending up deleting it.
                    Hisatake Shibuya is, IMO, single-handedly responsible for the destruction of the music industry.
                    curious on your take on why this is

Comment

It was certainly the beginning of the end...
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

curious on your take on why this is
                        It is a novel, which is why I always end up deleting it.
                        In short - he is 'Eastern-izing' Western music, where individualism is discouraged. Schools and manufacturing that churn out clone after clone.

I guess that saying 'single handedly' is fairly strong wording because I said 'music industry'. He isn't powerful enough to take down the entire industry.
                        But he is certainly ruining segments of the industry.

Comment

I'll always will play Jacksons and LTDs

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            Translating eakinj's post above:

"Bone fish mutant guitar thing" is the Jackson Zoraxe.

"What's his face" is Pablo Santana.
                            That's the ones!
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I was kinda hoping Behemoth would join Jackson, just so I can have a nice gloss black pointy 7 string with active pickups in it, instead of a DD sig with natural finish, or a very expensive custom shop.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X