Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, jr.'s out of megadearth...

https://web.archive.org/web/20210524...video-scandal/
    Last edited by metalhobo; 05-25-2021, 11:37 AM.

Yep. Sucks. The chick claims she initiated contact and she wasn't underage. She told a friend who apparently leaked the video, but now Ellefson is suing that guy, so we'll see what happens.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

FFS
      I'm waiting until the cancellers start getting cancelled.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        FFS
        I'm waiting until the cancellers start getting cancelled.
        No shit. Like Ellefson is the first guy in the world to jerk off to a chick on the internet. lol

I'm sure his wife and kids are a little upset, but no crime was committed, and no reason he should really be out of the band.

Comment

I haven't followed the Megadeth drama over the years, but wasn't he out of the band for a number years, then came back? And didn't he sue them at some point?
          Considering that he didn't do anything illegal, just embarrassing, Mustaine could have stood by him until this blew over, but maybe they can't stand each other at this point.

Comment

So what happens to his Jackson endorsement?
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by freedom's door View Post
              I haven't followed the Megadeth drama over the years, but wasn't he out of the band for a number years, then came back? And didn't he sue them at some point?
              Considering that he didn't do anything illegal, just embarrassing, Mustaine could have stood by him until this blew over, but maybe they can't stand each other at this point.
              Yeah, Ellefson was out of the band for like 8 or 9 years.

After Mustaine split up the band in the early 2000s due to his hand injury from falling off a horse or something (there was also some rumor he was back on drugs, and there was another story of falling asleep on his arm/hand or some shit), then he put the band back together without Ellefson. Then Ellefson sued for something, then I think he dropped the suit and eventually rejoined, but he rejoined only as a hired gun and no longer a partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                So what happens to his Jackson endorsement?
                Umm Jackson unfollowed him on Instagram.. So it's very likely he gets cut after 3.5 Decades of service

Comment

to me, dave keeping jr. on board the past 11 years or whatever was a glint of hope that he still cared about the legacy of classic megadeth and was in touch with its importance. it can't just be megadave and the rattleheads, that's no fun. especially with the state of dave's voice nowadays.

I think I listened to jr's solo record last year way more than the last 25 years of megadeth records
                  Last edited by metalhobo; 05-28-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                    to me, dave keeping jr. on board the past 11 years or whatever was a glint of hope that he still cared about the legacy of classic megadeth and was in touch with its importance. it can't just be megadave and the rattleheads, that's no fun. especially with the state of dave's voice nowadays.
                    +1 I still have high hopes for their new album to come out soon, though. They tune to D now to help accommodate his voice, but live his voice is definitely deteriorating.

I was going to see them play here last July, but it's been rescheduled for this July. Not sure I'm going to even bother now if Jr. is out of the band.

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post

Umm Jackson unfollowed him on Instagram.. So it's very likely he gets cut after 3.5 Decades of service
                      I think Dave deleted both his Instagram and Facebook accounts. I was actually friends with him on FB, then he deleted his profile last week.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

I think Dave deleted both his Instagram and Facebook accounts. I was actually friends with him on FB, then he deleted his profile last week.
                        Yea, I guess you can't follow what is deleted. I'm not so sure in this case then. We will know soon. One thing is for sure is that he can't show his face at preaching as a minister to his church now.

The thing that people forget in the statement is the "strained relationship " part. I guess Mustaine was looking for a solid reason to cut him, so maybe his dick on cam was the kicker

Comment

Yep, so much for his wholesome minister deal now. lol And the already strained relationship part is definitely weird.

Comment

Having been on the wrong side of the tyrannical government and destruction of an unwarranted hashtags...
                            I tend to care less about certain things.

If someone wants to come out and say 'he forced himself onto me', then I will kick his bottom end out. (bottom end=bass or ass. it's a pun)
                            But I don't care that some 16 year old (who apparently was 18+) willingly showed some old dude her tits online.
                            I don't care that someone has a DUI. Or lost a finger playing with illegal fireworks. I don't care about gambling, prostitutes, and drugs.

And I certainly hate - 20 years after the fact, 'Victim A' discovered she had multiple personalities. 'Personality 3' had sex with 'person x', therefore he raped 'Victim A'.
                            Especially when it was 2 teens in high school (at the time), and the dude gets charged as an adult with the rape of a minor ---- under laws of today, not laws at the time of the crime.

*rant over*

Comment

Maybe some day a video of Mustaine doing smack with a 17 year will appear.

Cancel Culture will drown most of us if we allow it.
                              I've personally known 2 people in my life that are near perfect and even they may have a skeleton or 2 hidden.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                              X