Caught Iron Maiden at Charlotte 7-22-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught Iron Maiden at Charlotte 7-22-2019

The wife and I took our son to the Iron Maiden concert at PNC Music Pavilion in Charlotte, NC this past Monday. It was a damn good show and they played some pretty obscure tune from their catalog like The Clansman, For The Greater Good Of God and Sign Of The Cross. Our seats were at the beginning of the lawn seating so my cell phone pictures aren't that great.

The sound was pretty damn good and my cell phone captured that pretty well so I'll post a few videos that I've uploaded. Stage show was fucking awesome and if you haven't seen Maiden on this tour I highly recommend you do because they still kick serious ass!

By the way. I'm pretty sure Adrian was playing a blue and black graphic Fender or Jackson (it had a strat headstock) but I can't find any pictures of it. Anyone have any ideas? We were so far back that I was watching the video feed trying to figure it out but they kept changing shots too quickly. I didn't see a Jackson logo so my gut feeling is that it was a Fender. I hadn't seen it before so I thought I'd see if anyone knows what it is. When I first saw it I thought it was an old cracked glass graphic but it was too boxy of a graphic for that.

Last edited by Razor; 07-24-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

That'd be this one I guess - 2 minutes to midnight graphic:

Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I am instantly in love with that guitar.

Even though Adrian almost always uses the bridge pickup only (at least in a Maiden context, and not counting his blues jams), it's interesting to rarely see him play one-hum guitars.

Comment

Wonder who painted it because that's the first time I've seen it, which is rare in the social-media-age...

Comment

neilli you are correct that is the one! Thanks for finding and posting a picture of it! We were so far away that I couldn't make out what brand was on the headstock as they just didn't focus on it. I could tell it was a graphic and figured it was a Jackson but since I'd never seen it I didn't know for sure. I searched before I asked but my Google Fu let me down.

Comment

I just put in Adrian Smith 2019

Comment

That must be new for this tour, I saw them on the UK leg and he didn't have that painted Jackson then.

Glad you guys over in the US are getting to see them, they are on fire this tour especially Nicko. I've seen them many times since 1986 and I think this was the best tour.

Comment

Shame his SdXQ is such a dog I really wanted to like
                  it, I really did
                  Currently own...

*PRS USA CU24 97
                  *ESP E2 Horizon
                  *Squier Trohman Telecaster
                  *Jackson SDXQ

Comment

Razor : So nice u got to see Iron Maiden! I've not seen them yet and they're getting old! Still great live though
                    Originally posted by Cyberi4n View Post
                    Shame his SdXQ is such a dog I really wanted to like
                    it, I really did
                    Another X with issues? I've heard little good about that one , sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
                      Fraid so. I have a thread about it on here. Not worth the money..... the Squier Contemporary Active Strat I bought a few weeks later beats it hands down! Wish i’d Kept my money

seen Maiden live a few tones now! My favourite band when I was growing up in the 80s. They ALWAYS deliver live
                      Currently own...

*PRS USA CU24 97
                      *ESP E2 Horizon
                      *Jackson SDXQ

Comment

Fraid so. I have a thread about it on here. Not worth the money..... the Squier Contemporary Active Strat I bought a few weeks later beats it hands down! Wish i’d Kept my money

seen Maiden live a few tones now! My favourite band when I was growing up in the 80s. They ALWAYS deliver live
                        Thanks for the recommend for the Squier! I saw that Agufish video after u told me and it seems like it was a well made guitar for the money, none in its class offer such features. I could totally mode it with a different pickguard if i want it to be Adrian Smith style! (HSS)

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post

Thanks for the recommend for the Squier! I saw that Agufish video after u told me and it seems like it was a well made guitar for the money, none in its class offer such features. I could totally mode it with a different pickguard if i want it to be Adrian Smith style! (HSS)
                          Have you picked one up?
                          Currently own...

*PRS USA CU24 97
                          *ESP E2 Horizon
                          *Jackson SDXQ

Comment

Have you picked one up?
                            Haha it's probably 3rd in line, I do need a strat but I also need single coils to mod that.
                            FIrst in line : a JACKSON! That's why i'm here , particular pointy and named after a famous dead guitar player.
                            second; Acoustic Electric, from a boutique company

Comment

Adrian's got his painted Jackson in an interview here
                              https://youtu.be/s_sP4Cn9mRw

Comment

Working...
                              X