VIO-lence 4/13/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIO-lence 4/13/2019

So I got to see VIO-lence Full disclosure I wasn't a big fan back in the day, that's just because I was neck deep in listening to only Randy Rhoads stuff (I missed a lot of good stuff) saw the guys in the band around the bay area (mostly at Omni) so I knew of them but hadn't really heard anything from them. Move ahead last year one of my best friends asked me if I wanted to go to a benefit show for his cousin who was going to have liver surgery and I was like "Sure, who is your cousin" and he respond Sean Killian. Cool. So I get a message from him a month or two ago asking "You want to see the REAL VIO-lence play live?" and I was "f*CK YES!" lol. so he told me about the show etc. I got to watch Negative Sixxx do their sound check and play through a couple songs before the let people it, I like them, very cool - check them out. They opened the show

Next was Hatriot, will say they were musically incredibly tight and excellent players, but the pig squeal vocals lost me. On their last song Steve Souza came out and sang with them and that really got the audience pumped.

Then over course it came time for the smooth jazz easy listening portion of the show (hehe) People stage diving, people stage diving off the PA, one dude hit the floor and was knocked the hell out

On this night PD playing his polkadot PD1 and his old school black Rhoads with the Raiders sticker on it, night two (Which I wasn't there for but my friend sent me a pick from back stage) playing the red and black PD1 and the Dolkadot PD1, no fury sighted.

PS I don't normally film anything from shows (I go to watch the band not the view finder) but this was kind of historic, that's the first song they played on stage in something like 18 years so.
    Last edited by eakinj; 04-16-2019, 10:48 AM.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I love that band!!

Comment

Nice! Always liked Violence but never cared for Sean's voice all that much, but definitely appreciate it more now. Interesting how they didn't get Rob Flynn back since he and Phil Demmel were the original guitar players.

Hatriot is also the band Steve Souza formed (with two of his sons) and was singing for after getting the boot from Exodus. I believe his one son is their singer now since he's back in Exodus.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Nice! Always liked Violence but never cared for Sean's voice all that much, but definitely appreciate it more now. Interesting how they didn't get Rob Flynn back since he and Phil Demmel were the original guitar players.

Hatriot is also the band Steve Souza formed (with two of his sons) and was singing for after getting the boot from Exodus. I believe his one son is their singer now since he's back in Exodus.
        Regarding RF (No comment)

I had no idea SS formed it with two of his sons, that makes a lot of sense why he was there then, and why they sounded very Exodus-ee

Comment

RF is off with the first MH album members being "Woke" and SJW, so I don't think this is his crowd anymore. <--my opinion only.
          Last edited by eakinj; 04-16-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I'd tend to agree. Seeing as how Phil quit MH and was getting sick of Rob, makes sense they didn't want much to do with him. Dave McClain also left and is now back in Sacred Reich, and I'm looking forward to their new album.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X