Anybody into Tracii Guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody into Tracii Guns?

Saw L.A. Guns on the Friday night after Thanksgiving at a little club in South OC. Great show. $20. Phil Lewis hasn't aged in 25 years and he still sounds very good. Tracii rips ( I knew he would, he hasn't lost anything, not even hair. ) and the band was pretty tight. Bass and 2nd guitar were buried a bit, though. That always bugs me. Tracii played some kind of old Eddie guitar that look like a Jackson Star in black and white stripes, non-Jackson headstock. Went out of tune a bit and then played an LP the rest of the show. He played through a Bugera, the size of a large practice amp. I'm not a sound guy so I can't say what else he was going through. Don't know what he had on the floor. Anyway, check 'em out if they come to your town.
    Good time.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

On the floor he had a HeadRush unit. His guitar sound is a mix of the Headrush through two FRFR headrush speakers that are mic'd, the bugera, and the direct signal from the Headrush itself. He posted a picture and explanation in the user group on facebook.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Any axe pictures? He used to play cool Gunslingers. I saw him on in LA on Halloween, 1992 I think?

Comment

I always liked his playing, the band's music is hit or miss for me. I agree that Phil still sounds great, unlike a lot of the guys from that era.
        I really liked a couple of the later albums- Man In The Moon and Waking The Dead.
        This thread reminded me that I need to pick up the last album they released.

Comment

Excellent player. I didn't really pay attention to him back in the day, but I realize it now.

Comment

Working...
          X