Can I get more diverse than this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get more diverse than this?

I'm going to see Fleetwood Mac this month and next month I have tickets to Ghost. I'll have to post an update and fill you in on both experiences.

It's a shame I'll miss Lindsay Buckingham. What a legend. I wonder if the classic bands still play with their equipment exposed so you can see their rigs or do they have everything hidden like Ghost does?

I have seen Ghost once and my first time the tickets were cheap and my seats were in a row between 10 and 20. This tour the Ticketmaster raped me and I'm in nose bleed. Of course Fleetwood in expensive. Speaking of $$, concert T's are way overpriced. I may buy just one between the 2 shows. If they are selling a concert T with a hot 80's Stevie Nicks on it - SOLD! Screw the Ghost Tour shirt.

My wife took me to see Stevie Nicks last year. Great show, Stevie was awesome, and it was very laid back almost like a "Storytellers" atmosphere. It was a tad pricey, but not too bad. It's a shame about Lindsey not touring. IMHO he's one of the most under rated guitarists out there.

That's definitely a diverse mix from Fleetwood to Ghost, but they both should be awesome. We passed on Fleetwood tickets a few years back because they were just so damn high even for nose bleed. At least getting to see Stevie made up for it a little bit.

Here's a recording of Gold Dust Woman I made when we saw Stevie. It's not the best picture quality as we were in the upper level, but the sound was pretty good for a hand held digital camera.

Comment

Last night - Fleetwood Mac reminded me of my experience seeing Paul McCartney around 1990. You catch yourself singing the choruses. The rhythm section is just amazing - tight, and huge. Mick and John are the anchors. Mick is quite funny too. He reminded me of the comical version of the evil land baron in the modern western "Open Range". Without a doubt, Stevie Nicks is the star, christened by the crowd applause. I enjoyed every aspect of the show. The pop hits, the improv jams, the lighting a stage displays. Very enjoyable evening with my oldest daughter.

I had heard that Tom Petty's former guitar player was now in FM. After a few songs I could guess who he was but there was another guy too. He was so good at nailing Buckingham's voice and skilled on the acoustic, but I did not know who he was. Then he surprised me by playing a song from his previous career "Don't Dream it's Over" by Crowded House. Wow! Both guys played Gibson electrics most of the night and a few with Bigsbys. I think I saw a Gretcsh White Falcon too. The guys amps all looked like Fender combos, stacked together in a sound enclosure that reminded me of an office cubicle. Their playing and effects were in the pocket, dominant when needed and equally subtle when the mood called for it. They also performed very comfortably and confidently. Good players and entertainers.

I was surprised that the band has 5 more musicians on stage for live shows which brings the total to 11.

Comment

Can I get more diverse than this?

...Hold my beer

I'm seeing this band coming Nov. 3rd

Cherry on top: the little lady is a feminist, which is about the lowest form of life I had the displeasure of getting to know about in the 40+ years I'm alive

...but hey, it's what they say: music builds bridges
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Im the Anti-Diverse... Saw NIN the other day, December 1st Im seeing Ministry....

But then again that show before NIN was Here Come The Mummies....
          A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Working...
          X