Ozzy Tour - Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy Tour - Anyone?

Going to the Ozzy tour next week for old times sake, low expectations on the vocals but was such a huge part of childhood I want to check it out one last time if it truly is the final one I get a chance at.

looking at set lists from recent shows, seems like the same old same old songs and not that many overall.

Anyone seem his show lately? Been about 8 years since I last saw him, no longer carries the mystery of what crazy shit he might do from when I first saw him in 83 I think, but hopefully it’s still entertaining.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

I saw him on the Bark At The Moon and the No Rest For The Wicked tour ( that was Zakk's first with Ozzy and he was young, drunk as hell, and just ripped) and Ozzy always put on a hell of a show. I would go see the Houston date but they're playing the damn Woodlands which I can't stand as a venue. Ozzy was my first concert, some great memories from that show - Motley opened, Jake E. Lee....that show is one of the big reasons I wanted to seriously take-up the guitar.

Comment

Hope he adds some dates in the Southeast.

Comment

Quick review.......I give Ozzy credit, he can still put on a show and work a crowd for someone turning 70 in December. Vocally he was better than I expected, with a few random struggles to make a note but don’t they all do that nowadays from that era

love him or hate him Zakk was Zakk and did his thing playing through his Wylde brand gear that looked like copies of his old Gibson stuff. Still honors Randy with the way he plays the old stuff. Wore the biker vest on top and the kilt on the bottom. Must make for some interesting riding and I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing his pale legs but whatever, the show is worth a trip if it’s in your area
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Ive only seen youtube vids, but I agree with you on Ozzy still sounding really good (all things considered). And I almost feel as though he sounds a tad fresher vocally than in recent years.
          Yea Zakk can put that kilt back in his panty drawer where it belongs.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by watson503 View Post
            I saw him on the Bark At The Moon and the No Rest For The Wicked tour ( that was Zakk's first with Ozzy and he was young, drunk as hell, and just ripped) and Ozzy always put on a hell of a show. I would go see the Houston date but they're playing the damn Woodlands which I can't stand as a venue. Ozzy was my first concert, some great memories from that show - Motley opened, Jake E. Lee....that show is one of the big reasons I wanted to seriously take-up the guitar.
            That is freakin awesome! The only thing close for me was the Linkin Park concert in Abu Dhabi (Yeah out of all places lol). You don't forget things like these ever. Grateful for the experience. I wish I got a chance to see Metallica live.

Comment

Working...
            X