Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Shaw with a USA Charvel

Floyded SD Charvel

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Nice. Always liked that song. Don't remember him doing it solo.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Must've been immediately after Styx separated after the catastrophe that was Mr Roboto.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Guess so.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Must've been immediately after Styx separated after the catastrophe that was Mr Roboto.
          Hey, I think that song was pretty hip for its day.
          '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
          '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
          '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
          '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
          '90 Charvel 475 XL
          '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
          Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
          Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
          Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Cool old vid, but man his tone sucked at that show. Sounded like his amp was imitating a cat farting through a trumpet. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
              Hey, I think that song was pretty hip for its day.
              It was. The whole album was great. Unfortunately, DeYoung wanted to do the tour as a conceptual rock opera. It bombed, they parted ways over it.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Cool old vid, but man his tone sucked at that show. Sounded like his amp was imitating a cat farting through a trumpet. LOL
                Back when "more mids means more better"

Comment

Dennis has his own version of Styx with a Tommy look-alike on guitar. What's the plural of Styx? Styxes? Styxii? Styx's? Well there's two of them.

Comment

Back when "more mids means more better"
                    More mids and no gain. LOL

Comment

Well, it worked for what he was doing. Probably using a Marshall, and just used the knob to clean it up.

Comment

It was. The whole album was great. Unfortunately, DeYoung wanted to do the tour as a conceptual rock opera. It bombed, they parted ways over it.
                        I always thought he looked a banker of questionable orientation, especially with the man perm, etc, not a rock star....

His instincts were all wrong.
                        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                        '90 Charvel 475 XL
                        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                          I always thought he looked a banker of questionable orientation, especially with the man perm, etc, not a rock star....

His instincts were all wrong.
                          If the band all had matching banker suits it may have worked. But they all looked like they were in different bands.

Comment

JY plays Floyded Strats the past several years. Good choice.
                            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              If the band all had matching banker suits it may have worked. But they all looked like they were in different bands.
                              Totally agree - the most confused band when it came to identity. I gave up after Paradise Theatre

Comment

Working...
                              X