No announcement yet.

Marty Friedman Showcases his Signature Jackson MF-1 Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he was not famous enough to get endorsement of jackson?

Comment

Toejam actually I didn't know but the few posts afterwards I think I understand better now! Now I get slsowhy Dave Mustaine bragged so much about Dean tho Esp and Jackson were also good to him. Well as long as the other companies know it's just business and welcome do n so back at later times that's cool.

Comment

I don't think I've heard mustaine ever bitch about Jacksons, his relationship went sour when Fender took over (instead of him), I know he moaned about that
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          There are plenty of videos on Youtube that are sales videos masquerading as unbiased reviews. Do I still enjoy watching the product being showcased? Yes. Do I think all the products are perfect and can only be seen through rose-tinted glasses? No, I'll form my own opinion.
          There are also legions of gear reviews by thoroughly unintelligent people on YT. It annoys me to see someone with an IQ of about 12 "review" an expensive instrument by noodling around for 10 minutes with a ton of distortion and delay, but at least there are usually plenty of choices elsewhere.....some of them are inspiring.
          '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
          '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
          '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
          '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
          '90 Charvel 475 XL
          '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
          Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
          Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
          Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            I don't think I've heard mustaine ever bitch about Jacksons, his relationship went sour when Fender took over (instead of him), I know he moaned about that
            Well he did say the KV1 was a tone-sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Well he did say the KV1 was a tone-sucker.
              I'm pretty sure he just meant that about the fixed Kahler bridge, but yeah.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Marty Friedman's first Jackson, was a Jackson Kelly in black/white tiger-stripe finish. It had a Kahler tremolo, 22 fret Rosewood fretboard (which was rare at the time), and it was one of the first 500 guitars Jackson ever produced (He got it before Hetfield got his King V and before Mustaine also got his King V) .

this is the one ^^

Later on (before he started touring with Megadeth) he had it refinished in gloss black, the Kahler Trem replaced with a flatmount kahler hardtail bridge, and the neck pickup cavity filled (strangely enough, the cavity for the tremolo was never filled). He recorded all the rhythm tracks for the RIP album with that guitar, here's some pictures of it after it was modified:

The one with 24 frets & Ebony fingerboard (which became the basis of the KE-1 signature model) was the one he used for all the leads on RIP & subsequent albums, it also was his first endorsement guitar with Jackson as well..

Oh, and the reason why his first jackson cannot be seen when auditioning for the band was because it was loaned to a friend at the time.
                Marty's webmaster owns both the San Dimas 22 Fret model and the 24 fret "endorsement guitar" . Marty auctioned them off to help Jason Becker, and later on the Tsunami victims. So he doesn't own any of his Megadeth-era guitars anymore I think.

Comment

What about his RR's? He had at least two, one with a Floyd he used for In My Darkest Hour quite often and one with a TOM. Wonder where they went.

Comment

Originally posted by Yash View Post
                    What about his RR's? He had at least two, one with a Floyd he used for In My Darkest Hour quite often and one with a TOM. Wonder where they went.
                    I think he sold them in an auction. He had at least two auctions, one for Jason Becker and one for the victims of a tsunami event in Japan.

I've never seen a picture of his RR's after the Countdown To Extinction tour, as he only used them for that tour.

Comment

Working...
                    X