No announcement yet.

Mille has left Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I'm sure he wasn't pleased at all. Always seemed like a cool guy, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

man the Tipton is UGLY

http://www.espguitars.com/pages/2016-product-preview

Comment

The Tipton wouldn't be that bad if the eliminated the red binding. The pups and logo can stay red.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I like the Tipton... except for the Kahler.

Comment

Yeah, I don't mind the Tipton... the body should have had red pinstriping to match though. And a Floyd. lol
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Red pinstriping would be a nice touch.

Comment

Hi guys,just thougth Id give my 2 cents.
                At the end of the tour ,your gonna want to keep your 2 or 3 usa jacksons they have give you,but you can put all of the 10 ESP LTD's up for auction or just throw them out and get another 10 for the next tour.

Comment

I love Jackson historically, I really do, but I can't fault anyone for going over to ESP. ESP makes some great guitars. Jackson (or FMIC, more accurately) just isn't too interested in really working the market it feels like. Hell, I got a Pro Rhoads RRT-3 new and it's a great guitar on the one hand, but the QC was horrible (the masking and sanding for the neck where it transitions from poly to oiled looks like a beginner job, and the string-thru piece had a nice little ding in it). If I hadn't paid almost half of what they're going for in stores I'd have been pissed and/or sent it back. And I've seen others with similar issues, what others would sell as a $500-600 MAP guitar going for $900 MAP. Same with the Broderick Pro, a $900 MAP guitar with a Floyd Rose Special? I don't think any other companies have a FRS once you break the $600+ range.

In comparable pricing territory, I have a number of PRS SE's and ESP LTD 600 series guitars that are fantastic. Solid construction, almost always great QC, real hardware (yeah, I consider the FR-1000 real hardware as it's the same materials and I've never had an issue myself with one), decent pickups if not the same as the "core" models (my LTD's all have the same SD pickups that the real ESP guitars have)...they're just good guitars that I always feel like I'm getting my money's worth for.

Long story short, and bitchy ramble fest concluding...if I wanted a real Jackson guitar I'd go to GJ2 Guitars. As a guy on a budget, while I love Jackson, there's plenty of competition out there and that competition seems more mindful of the market and giving more bang for the buck. I'm sure that mentality translates on some level when you're an artist looking for a company to build a guitar with your custom specs (the ungodly turnaround on custom shop pieces also factors in, I'm sure).

P.S. - Now my DeMartini Pro Mod Snakeskin on the other hand? I fucking love that guitar. So I can't say I hate EVERYTHING the company is producing these days, though I do think other companies are turning out similar quality guitars for much less.

Comment

I wouldn't go to GJ2... if you want a USA quality guitar at an import price, look specifically for Korean World Guitar builds. Right now they're at the top of their game. No imports really compare, IMO. At least not since Cushin Gakki closed it's doors due to being bankrupted by Fender.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, I meant if I wanted a USA custom built guitar with the magic of the old Jackson days. Agreed 100% though. I'm pretty sure most of my imports these days are from WMI (I'm assuming that's who you're referring to, they do the PRS SE line). Great guitars, I've played several dozen over the past 5 years and I'm pretty sure I've only run into 1 or 2 lemons.

Oh, and if I'm not mistaken even GJ2 has their import line produced there. I intend to get my hands on one these next few months.
                      Last edited by SausageofPower; 01-17-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X