Another artist who could have been endorsed by Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another artist who could have been endorsed by Jackson

Unleash the Archers' (wicked band from Vancouver) guitarist, Grant Truesdell, was a kelly player and has now received an endorsement from Ibanez. I initially saw the red kelly with black bevels on craigslist and was wondering if it was his guitar and just discovered it was after heading to ebay. No idea if the switch was a preference, but getting free* guitars might have something to do with it if you are a touring musician. This bums me out a lot especially because the kelly is my favorite shape. Sale ended a while ago but I didn't realize til now.

Craigslist link - http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/msg/5179327700.html

ebay link - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Jackson-Kelly...item4aeed81970

Some of Unleash the Archers' music videos with the kelly.

Tonight We Ride
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOvZKJlrtk8

Test Your Metal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yctXV3uHBs

General of the Dark Army
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVi0d7oqDvs
    2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
    Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
    Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
    Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Sad to see yet another casualty of an industry that doesn't pay what it should. I'm sure their manager could've bought him a new Kelly out of the money he's been pocketing, though.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

$4000US for an '06-'07 USA Select? Yikes.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Just saw them a week or so ago. Was hanging outback talking gear after the gig (they played to 20 people - it was lame). They seemed to be pumped about the Ibanez deal - he got a Prestige model, so it's not like Ibanez hooked him up with some Chinese turd....

Anyway, highlight of the night was having them follow me to the 24 hour Walmart so they could sleep in the parking lot for the night!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          Just saw them a week or so ago. Was hanging outback talking gear after the gig (they played to 20 people - it was lame). They seemed to be pumped about the Ibanez deal - he got a Prestige model, so it's not like Ibanez hooked him up with some Chinese turd....
          Ya no doubt it is awesome for the band for sure! I'd be stoked. Just would be nice if there was someone at Jackson who was looking for players already using their guitars and could hook those players up. Especially because, I would assume, Jackson is their preference. Or I just wish Jackson was better at showing off their guitars and artists. To me there are not many players I really listen to/like, and I went through their whole list recently.

Peavey 5150 II

Comment

That's fairly ok, not a Sugi or LACS, but free guitars are free guitars. Along the same lines as a typical ESP endorsement. Jackson should be doing this with their import line as well, but it doesn't really seem like they care.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Totally - Jackson should take advantage of having young, killer players. They still seem to think that the industry is in the pre-internet era where bands actually made money. When you are on the road, taking a break from the day job (one of the things UTA's bassist was telling me about), getting free gear - even if it might not be your #1 choice helps SOOOO much. This particular band is gaining a lot of traction in the US after their most recent tour and their ProgPower set. It is a shame Jackson missed the boat. With J/C it almost seems you to already be "famous" to get a deal. When you are making money you don't NEED the deal - it's when you are on the rise....almost there....THAT'S when you need the gear hook up.

That whole band got set up by Hoshino (except the bassist who is with ESP) - the drummer got a nice Star Classic BB drum kit, both guitarists got Prestige Ibanez models - one had an RG the other an Artist single cut. They were both really nice guitars.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I guess it doesn't help much that Fender took over Jackson so now things are a bit muddy still. The release for Misha Mansoor's signature model(s) seamed pretty big especially on t heJackson website. Maybe there will be more stuff like that in the future?

Peavey 5150 II

Comment

Thought the same thing when I saw the ebay posting on their facebook. Was a sick looking Kelly too.

Comment

Anyway, highlight of the night was having them follow me to the 24 hour Walmart so they could sleep in the parking lot for the night!!!
                    Haha classic! My band did the same when we did an east coast USA tour. Luckily it was in Florida, last night of the tour before we headed back to Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                    X