No announcement yet.

Chris Holmes....wtf happenned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with everyone here. With the heavy music of today everyone sings about how "hard" they are. But, then when they do an interview, out comes the vitamin water and everything is politically correct. I miss the days of the MTV awards when you knew the producers were walking around with a total butt puckers because they didn't know how drunk the bands would be or what the hell they would say. You are a ROCK STAR - Use the fucking privileges you have in front of you. For Christ sakes, Justin Bieber is the most dangerous person in music today. As Jim Florentine of that metal show stated: "AC / DC is still rock and roll - The drummer is wanted for putting a hit on someone - THAT'S rock and roll - people on the edge of being out of control".

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
      They would be massive hits
      BECAUSE:

C'mon, the SJWs were THE reason for metal's succes
      Wish you were right man but I don't think you are. Everyone thinks they're edgy and ground breaking now but in reality they're all a bunch of herders. People quail in the face of backlash, even if that backlash is from a very loud mouthed 2% of the world. The music has to be more than it is, has to do more. It "empowers" someone. It "let's people know it's ok" to feel however something feels. It "speaks for the voiceless" or some shit. Great! Whatever! Why does everything have to be a very public therapy session?

The millennial generation feels to me very much like the boomer generation in some respects- endlessly convinced of their own specialness and very very focused on themselves. No generation has been as awesome as theirs is! We are the only ones who sing songs about what matters. Who cares if they suck! We tried!

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
      I have to agree with everyone here. With the heavy music of today everyone sings about how "hard" they are. But, then when they do an interview, out comes the vitamin water and everything is politically correct. I miss the days of the MTV awards when you knew the producers were walking around with a total butt puckers because they didn't know how drunk the bands would be or what the hell they would say. You are a ROCK STAR - Use the fucking privileges you have in front of you. For Christ sakes, Justin Bieber is the most dangerous person in music today. As Jim Florentine of that metal show stated: "AC / DC is still rock and roll - The drummer is wanted for putting a hit on someone - THAT'S rock and roll - people on the edge of being out of control".
      Hah I find myself in the weird position of defending guys who put out hits on people against brats who think they are saving the world... Whatever, one has some authenticity, the other one just feels like such a pose.

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
        I recently read one or two interviews where he claims that rock is dead in America and that kids listen to "****** music" and that he is living in Finland now where rock is alive, apparently. There are Youtube videos of his life there.
        Its a shame he's got rascist views, I think he's a funny character otherwise. Badass back in the day, lunatic nowadays.
        No disrespect intended, but if you lived here and were white, you'd have racist views too.

Comment

Working...
        X